free website stats program two bikers down in front of us | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

two bikers down in front of us

I've seen quite a few accidents near here since I live near a military post. These guys come back from combat and feel invincible, sorry to say, they're not. I felt the same way when I came back in the 70's, now I just ride for the pleasure and to go to and from work. Hope he heals completely and remembers it.

Hi - I am new rider - So, what did they do wrong - riding too fast in the mountain and in the curve?

Thats horrible...Im 21 and have my first bike and we all know how 21 year olds are but i refuse to be a normal one on the bike...the first question my friends would ask me is how fast does it go, i tell them the speed limit and im serious about it, if i lay her down at 50 i might just have some scrapes and survive if i lay it down at 120+ which im sure the bike would pull judging on the acceleration to 70 they pick you up with a shovel and dust pan...screw that i love riding and would much rather just cruise and be able live to ride forever
Without an attitude like yours you might not get very old. Recklesss is not cool!

I have seen and worked many many bike accidents.And I have had a few friends killed on bikes. One was a motor officer that took his wife for a casual ride on his personal bike just after he left our house from a ride with us. A teenage driver turned left in front of him and my friend died the next day. His wife was a trauma patient for several weeks. And she had just had a baby two weeks before. It's bad enough trying to avoid being hit by a careless driver without pushing the envelope. But we ride because we love it.
I did have a friend that always went 90 miles and hour and rode like he was crazy. He was a very skilled rider, but drove too fast. One day he had been running as fast as his bike would go, and stopped for gas. He just got off of the bike and hadn't even reached for the nozzel at the pump when"BOOM!
His rear tire blew out. He just about passed out. He did ride a little nicer for a while after that any way.

Over the years I've pushed it too far on mountain bikes, road bikes, skis and snow board. I've lost skin, torn ligaments, broken bones - even had a partial lung collapse. There is a thrill to speed and pushing limits which is intoxicating and hard to resist while you are too ignorant or stupid to learn from the last fall.

I swore to myself when I got back on a motorbike earlier this year after more than 20 years that I would ride sensibly and maturely. I took the direct access course and did the full test again - basically going back to complete scratch and taking the approach that I'd never ridden. I love riding a motorbike like little else I've come across - I'd like to ride until I'm too old to get my leg over the motorbike or keep it upright at a stop - and I owe it to those who love me to keep myself intact and well. Should have another 40 years then....:D:D

Cedarbrook63 nailed it...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to ride well and help others enjoy this sport as well! Nothing more gratifying than watching my granddaughter (just found out my daugter has me another grandson in the oven) playing with my helmet and goggles, sitting up on the seat and pillion laughing, telling me which part she likes best then like her mom changes her mind at only 2 1/2 years old. Yep, ride within your means so you can enjoy life more!

I grew up racing CR250's and then graduated to 4 wheelers 'til I broke my femur (it hurt). Used to "Ride it like I stole It"; however, we all get to that point where we just enjoy the ride. It comes w/ maturity; however, everyone gets to that point at a different age, age really doesn't matter here as it's up to the individual. I still like to crank it a little but I certainly keep it within my means. I've only been on HD's for 21 years so I'm not as experienced as most but I've learned that crashing hurts real bad. Knock on wood....never laid a street bike down. RIDE WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES.

I just finished a rally so my attention must be heightened to motorcycle news apparently. I heard from the other room that in Corsicana 3 cyclists died when a pickup truck lost control, veered into the oncoming lane thereby striking 2 cyclists and then rolled over and struck two more. I'd have to say the odds of something like this are 10 million to one that a car/truck could actually strike the middle part of a train of bikes.

I have been in a rally accident before and frankly I'm starting to think they aren't as safe as they seem. Everyone is packed into the group so closely that if one thing goes wrong, it's inevitable that it will cascade.

My condolences to those involved in that accident today. My prayers go out to you.

Here is the article if anyone is interested: Accident News Article

I just finished a rally so my attention must be heightened to motorcycle news apparently. I heard from the other room that in Corsicana 3 cyclists died when a pickup truck lost control, veered into the oncoming lane thereby striking 2 cyclists and then rolled over and struck two more. I'd have to say the odds of something like this are 10 million to one that a car/truck could actually strike the middle part of a train of bikes.

I have been in a rally accident before and frankly I'm starting to think they aren't as safe as they seem. Everyone is packed into the group so closely that if one thing goes wrong, it's inevitable that it will cascade.

My condolences to those involved in that accident today. My prayers go out to you.

Here is the article if anyone is interested: Accident News Article

Terrible piece of news - sympathies to those injured and condolences to the families left bereaved.

Back