free website stats program two bikers down in front of us | Harley Davidson Forums

two bikers down in front of us

AZDave

Went for a great ride this morning stopped with a friend for breakfast and then up a mountain. 6 guys flew past us two got stuck behind us in a curve untill we pulled over to let them pass and catch their friends. 5 min later around a bend same two all over road one ok one not, set with him as he started to pass out broken shoulder bone. Leather coat saved his skin but not his bike. Looked like he lost it in a curve and hit the guardrail and then spun on his side in the street until his buddy hit his bike and he went down. I set with my arm around him as he lost his sight for awhile praying for him, His sight slowly returned, I told him he was in shock and to rest. They took him to hospital and the other guy stayed with the bikes we had moved off the road, that was it. Got on our bikes and road on up the hill 5 min later his 6 buddys came down the hill looking for the two that were late. Makes you appreciate life and a little wisdom at age 53, about speed, curves and the fact we don't bounce.

Went for a great ride this morning stopped with a friend for breakfast and then up a mountain. 6 guys flew past us two got stuck behind us in a curve untill we pulled over to let them pass and catch their friends. 5 min later around a bend same two all over road one ok one not, set with him as he started to pass out broken shoulder bone. Leather coat saved his skin but not his bike. Looked like he lost it in a curve and hit the guardrail and then spun on his side in the street until his buddy hit his bike and he went down. I set with my arm around him as he lost his sight for awhile praying for him, His sight slowly returned, I told him he was in shock and to rest. They took him to hospital and the other guy stayed with the bikes we had moved off the road, that was it. Got on our bikes and road on up the hill 5 min later his 6 buddys came down the hill looking for the two that were late. Makes you appreciate life and a little wisdom at age 53, about speed, curves and the fact we don't bounce.

Always kills me to hear these stories. I have been riding for about 7 years still have a lot to learn, these stories as tough as they are to read need to be heard, if it saves just one life this forum is well worth the work admin has put into it.

Riding like an idiot soon catches up with you sooner or later. Hope he's OK but I bet if he still rides he will change his style of riding.

good to learn from others mistakes, good thing you guys were there for them. Unlike their riding "buds".

had the same thing happen last year with a couple of kids on crotch rockets. they passed us like we were sittin still. 2 miles up the road there layed out. they were tore up pretty good but nothing life threatening. got them on theyre way to the er, and got on my way but made me nervous the rest of the day. kinda ruined the day.

I'm really glad everyone is basically OK but I have to agree with most here that they brought it upon themselves. Many good sayings have been quoted but my favorite is, "Stupid is supposed to hurt!"

I don't go anywhere on my bike in a hurry. Dealing with other traffic is dangerous enough for me.

Back