free website stats program Tuners...Tuners...Tuners | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuners...Tuners...Tuners

Correction? Really? Once the ECM is re-programmed, the unit can be detached and stored until a re-tune is necessary or the unit can be mounted to the bars as you have done. However, the unit does not have to live on the motorcycle, which is what I said. Mounting the unit to the bars is a personal choice. A flash tuner, by definition, does not need to live on the motorcycle. Personally, the less "stuff" I have hanging on my bars, the better I like it; like I said, a personal choice.:s

Yeah - just a minor one as I said. Your original post gave me the impression that the device is removed once the ECU is flashed. I wanted to clarify that to note that you have a lot functionality at your fingertips by leaving it mounted. That's why I said minor. :D

You got pictures of how you mounted it to your bike? Not sure if it would fit on a 2014 Ultra Classic. Not alot of room on the handbars.

Here are a couple. Sorry they're a bit blurry, but you get the idea. It mounts on a what is essentially a GPS mounting plate with a ball & socket fastener so you can adjust the position.

Attachments

• 20141202_111428.jpg
    20141202_111428.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20141202_111420.jpg
    20141202_111420.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 49
The guys that tuned my bike are also friends of mine and they will tune SE tuners as well as TTS but right now they'd rather tune with a PowerVision, they say it's got all the rest covered pretty good. This ain't from me but from them so I can't really answer questions just stating what was said.

Actually, the "best" tuner is the one that your tuner is most comfortable with. The best tuner in my area has bought many "licenses" from Dynojet and he offers his customers the option of tuning with a small fee for the license so the customer does not have to buy the Powervision hardware/software. Saves the customer money but locks the customer in to the tuner for future retunes; pretty much a win-win, particularly since this tuner is one of the best in the country. Of course, the customer has the option of buying whatever hardware he might want to hang on the handle bars and look cool but when it comes to tuning, none of the customers will be able to tune without putting the bike back on the dyno so I am not sure of the cost benefit to have the Powervision screen hanging on the handle bars but I am a pretty basic function over from guy so what do I know.:s I have the SERT on one bike and the other is carbed.:panic I can tune the carbed bike myself but still rely on the dyno for setting AFR at low, partial and wide open throttle.:24:

Actually, the "best" tuner is the one that your tuner is most comfortable with. The best tuner in my area has bought many "licenses" from Dynojet and he offers his customers the option of tuning with a small fee for the license so the customer does not have to buy the Powervision hardware/software. Saves the customer money but locks the customer in to the tuner for future retunes; pretty much a win-win, particularly since this tuner is one of the best in the country. Of course, the customer has the option of buying whatever hardware he might want to hang on the handle bars and look cool but when it comes to tuning, none of the customers will be able to tune without putting the bike back on the dyno so I am not sure of the cost benefit to have the Powervision screen hanging on the handle bars but I am a pretty basic function over from guy so what do I know.:s I have the SERT on one bike and the other is carbed.:panic I can tune the carbed bike myself but still rely on the dyno for setting AFR at low, partial and wide open throttle.:24:

dolt the guys I was talking about at J&B Performance also buy a lot of the license as well, heck, that's what I did. Like I said they can tune everything but the PowerVision if there fav right now. Most hated though is Thundermax, imagine that. :p

I have an RC components tuner which has worked great for 23K miles. The unit was originally designed by another firm, the name of which I don't remember but it was a racing outfit...If it ever gives me trouble, it will be repaired or replaced with the same...........

Hey, Is it possible that once the Screaming Eagle Super Tuner is used, can you go back to the original setting? or once done that is it. I was under the impression that the base map was loaded onto the SERT.

I have he FP3 Vance and Hines. For what I plan on doing its just great, Stage 1 AC, Reinhart slipons. Don't plan to do cams bike runs just fine. U can auto tune or program it from vance and Hines. They are great to work with. U can also go back to the bikes original setting. :) :) :D :s

Hey, Is it possible that once the Screaming Eagle Super Tuner is used, can you go back to the original setting? or once done that is it. I was under the impression that the base map was loaded onto the SERT.

It can be detuned so to speak back to stock settings but you'll need the SE tuner and a laptop computer.

I am thinking about doing that. I have a 2014 FLHTCU with the Sert, Stage 1 and the Screaming Eagle Street Cannons. It runs great, but there are times when I might want to add a little more fuel, and I can't do that with the SERT.

Back