Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
Not sure of your rating system here but I would go for the Spectro over the M1 even if I had to drive to the other side of town to get it.
As far as the HD oil, other than the standard 360 oil they sell which is a good product for what it is I wouldn't even use it myself.

I have had Syn 3 in mine for 16000 now,,,,always kinda wondered,,But I was brain washed by my local dealer....I started dealing with a differnet dealer and they are using the Bel-Ray Big Twin 85/140....So I bought a few quarts,,gonna change my bike over this weekend and make sure I like the change,,, before I reccomend it to my customers...

Ok. Glider is right (as usual)
I went from dealer lube, whatever that was, to M1 75/140, to Amsoil severe gear. There was no noticeable diff between any of them really except going from what I think was the Syn3 to the M1. It did quiet down some. I recently went on a trip to Florida and the fine folks at Millers HD in Daytona were kind enuf to turn me onto some of their private stash of the Spectro 6 speed gear lube.
Night and Day Glider. I poured that quart into the Dyna and went for a ride. Apart from the initial drop into first clunk when cold, the shifting bangs have all but gone away. The Spectro is really top notch - good thing I bought 3 quarts.

Stocking lubes other than the HD brand by the dealers is a good move on their part and shows their willingness to accommodate the customer just as Smitty's dealer did.
My dealer stocks the spectro as well as a few other brands, it's just good business to please the customer and the returns on it are in their bottom line.

That's what most businesses are about.

I had previously done just that with my dealer but I had no ammunition to plead my case. They said (at the time) that there were plenty of other lubes available from various sources and it wouldn't be cost effective for them. I now have the product in the bike and can take my 'example' with me to show them the difference. Maybe the 'bird in the hand' ruse will work and I'll be able to buy Spectro locally...

It IS a better option than what they say is in the other hand...

I recently switched to Bel-Ray big twin since my dealer stocks it. I can really tell a difference from the SYN3 I had before. So I have stocked up at the shop,,so far I have used it in 2 cusomters bikes and both have noticed the difference. No more Chavez stuff ...LOL

Changed my fluids today went with the Bel Ray on advice from a freind and harley mech. Very smooth and very quiet. :) let's see how it does in the long haul?

Last edited:
Iwas using amsoil and just put in Spectro 6 Speed trans oil 75/140. What a difference. Shifting is 100% smoother and I no longer have the 5th gear noise. This stuff ROCKS!!!!

Back