Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
I use Red Line Heavy Shock...its so easy to find neutral I have to check twice at times to make sure I am in neutral and not in between gears, when I'm not paying attention to the little green lite....lol So whats so special about this Spectro guy's?

Is it Pink? I Love Pink:p:42: so get me edgumacated about this stuff:lero

You know that I used the shockproof myself, that is until I found this spectro platinum for the 6 speeds and tried it. I used the spectro oil in the trans years back before they came out with the GL5 and I liked it back then compared to other gear oils.
Since then I have been running the shockproof heavy and thought it was great in the trans as a gear oil. The new spectro surpasses shockproof even for smoothness and ease of finding neutral. Biggest improvement is in the cold weather with the spectro. I found that the shockproof in colder temps would take a short while before warming up to actually flow so that shifting on startup wasn't hard.
The spectro is red in color too so it won't be a drastic change in color to get use to.:D

Take a look here for more info. They have a GL1 for 5 speeds also.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/oil_related_tips/1238-oil_suggestions_for_harleys.html

i use in my springer revtech synthetic mtp 20/50 oil. it can be used in the eng trans and primary (this way you only have to carry one quart of lube when you are on a trip instead of three-plus it lubes better also it takes more extreme heat then what the conven lubes can handle plus its slicker it comes down to less heat and friction that = less wear

i use in my springer revtech synthetic mtp 20/50 oil. it can be used in the eng trans and primary (this way you only have to carry one quart of lube when you are on a trip instead of three-plus it lubes better also it takes more extreme heat then what the conven lubes can handle plus its slicker it comes down to less heat and friction that = less wear

But it's still an engine oil and that's not as good as a gear oil in the trans. You wouldn't use gear oil in the engine, Why?

I was gonna put Amsoil MCV in all three holes but I decided to take your advice Glider. I bought some Amsoil SVT 75w-110 Severe Gear to put in transmission. I will let you know how it works out. (Amsoil is easy to find here)

I was gonna put Amsoil MCV in all three holes but I decided to take your advice Glider. I bought some Amsoil SVT 75w-110 Severe Gear to put in transmission. I will let you know how it works out. (Amsoil is easy to find here)

Not to sound redundant here but you should try the Spectro platinum :s

Bet you wouldn't go back to Amsoil again :D

But it's still an engine oil and that's not as good as a gear oil in the trans. You wouldn't use gear oil in the engine, Why?

for your info im sending a copy of what you obviously have no clue about so pay attention you might learn something !
i might be new to computers but i have years of working on and building bikes and i know what im talking about.

RevTech® Synthetic MTP Lubricant / New from RevTech® is a lubricant so advanced, it provides superior performance in V-Twin motors, transmissions, and primaries. Our full synthetic base oil and proprietary RevTech® additive package provide viscosity stability, film strength, and anti-oxidation characteristics unmatched by conventional base oils. RevTech® Synthetic MTP is intended for use as motor, transmission, and primary case lubricant for Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® Big-Twin models. It is also intended for use as motor and primary case lubricant for Buell® and Evolution® Sportster® models. Consult your owner's manual for proper fill capacities and drain intervals. When using RevTech® Synthetic MTP, do not top off with another lubricant unless RevTech® Synthetic MTP is not available, then change fluid as soon as possible. RevTech® Synthetic MTP meets all warranty performance criteria for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles and its use does not void new vehicle warranties. Sold in convenient resealable one quart plastic bottles with a transparent oil level gauge to show exactly how much oil has been used. Meets API CI-4/SL service levels. SAE 20W50

for your info im sending a copy of what you obviously have no clue about so pay attention you might learn something !
i might be new to computers but i have years of working on and building bikes and i know what im talking about.

RevTech® Synthetic MTP Lubricant / New from RevTech® is a lubricant so advanced, it provides superior performance in V-Twin motors, transmissions, and primaries. Our full synthetic base oil and proprietary RevTech® additive package provide viscosity stability, film strength, and anti-oxidation characteristics unmatched by conventional base oils. RevTech® Synthetic MTP is intended for use as motor, transmission, and primary case lubricant for Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® Big-Twin models. It is also intended for use as motor and primary case lubricant for Buell® and Evolution® Sportster® models. Consult your owner's manual for proper fill capacities and drain intervals. When using RevTech® Synthetic MTP, do not top off with another lubricant unless RevTech® Synthetic MTP is not available, then change fluid as soon as possible. RevTech® Synthetic MTP meets all warranty performance criteria for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles and its use does not void new vehicle warranties. Sold in convenient resealable one quart plastic bottles with a transparent oil level gauge to show exactly how much oil has been used. Meets API CI-4/SL service levels. SAE 20W50

The first word of your wisdom being "RevTech" answers it all and just how much you really do know about oil.

Use it in your bike and good luck!

The first word of your wisdom being "RevTech" answers it all and just how much you really do know about oil.

Use it in your bike and good luck!

dont just talk about it prove me wrong show me you know what your talking about im always wanting to learn something new !

Back