free website stats program Traffic lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Traffic lights

+1 on that my friend. I was nearly killed by a red light runner in 1996. I always look both ways now even on green. By the way hope your heart is doing better. I hated to hear bout your heart attack. You got one of them hi teck pace makers on your chest ?

All is good for now Dave. No pace maker just needed to open up the widow maker with stents. Thanks for your concern.

i have been told that in tx or just Houston (not sure). if your bike doesn't trigger the light, you can call the city and if you meet them at the light with your bike they will make the proper adjustments.

Yea right the city :newsmile026:

yeah right. the city of Houston meet you at the light. maybe in 6 to 8 weeks, lol

ok, now that i have watched the video. Either i am really stupid, or missing something. he stuck a magnet to the bottom of the swing arm it looked like. if the magnet that powerful, why the world did he use double sided tape? just stick the magnet up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL dieselguy great point... im pretty sure i got alot more magnetic power in my stator rotor than those little suckers they show ... magic magnet perhaps ? I am by no means a scientist , am i missing something here or is this video made by the company who produce these magnets ?:bigsmiley31:

With my luck...I would pick up the nail my front tire missed and it would shake off exactly at the farthest point from home...at night...in a place where I shouldn't be because I made wrong turn.
I think I'll put those super magnets in the toe's of my boots to be safe. :s
wilks3
:USA

Update on this

ok, now that i have watched the video. Either i am really stupid, or missing something. he stuck a magnet to the bottom of the swing arm it looked like. if the magnet that powerful, why the world did he use double sided tape? just stick the magnet up there.

In addition to dieselguy's scepticism, I have also since been informed by those who actually tried these things that they don't always work (at all). Buyer beware. It was the first time I had seen it.

I've never had a problem with lights, but some I know do.

All is good for now Dave. No pace maker just needed to open up the widow maker with stents. Thanks for your concern.

Glad to hear that my friend! My brother in law had the stent bout 20yrs ago and he is still going strong. My father in law (passed on now) had several by pass ops over a 30 yr period and after his last one he had a computerized PM mounted under the skin on his chest. Even told him when he needed to see a doctor. Glad you ok though.

Re: Update on this

Here in South Carolina if you sit at a red light for 2 minutes you can go thru it when it is safe. Had a light near my house that would never change when riding my sportster. They upgraded it from a 2 loop to a 3 loop and now it changes every time.

I always pull into the wire box at the upper most left corner and with all the metal on the HD I have never had a problem either.....

There is another way around the magnets.......just shut down your engine and re-start it.......the sensor in the road will trip when your starter kicks in when you crank the engine. It has worked for me!

There is another way around the magnets.......just shut down your engine and re-start it.......the sensor in the road will trip when your starter kicks in when you crank the engine. It has worked for me!

sounds like something to try next time.. thanks for sharing that bit of info

I also heard that just putting your kickstand down and back up will help. I also just now noticed the link that Glider gave, is quoted by an employee of the folks that actually implement traffic light equipemnt and further discounts the validity of the magnet thing.

It would appear as another money making hoax.

Back