free website stats program Traffic lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Traffic lights

As usual RWB a very interesting post and something to consider. thanks for sharing it

but the scooter doesn't really suit you:D

I am definitely going to affix a strong magnet to the bikes frame. It seems whenever I work the 4-12 shift and I get off at work at midnight there is this one light in my town where I have to wait and wait. Sometimes it will actually cycle through without turning green for me! Now I don't even bother to wait at that light anymore, I just cut through the gas station and loop around. If this works, I'll let you know. Thanks for that!

I read once that in some cities there are lights that they actually allow motorcycles to run on red after they wait a reasonable amount of time.

I read once that in some cities there are lights that they actually allow motorcycles to run on red after they wait a reasonable amount of time.

i have been told that in tx or just Houston (not sure). if your bike doesn't trigger the light, you can call the city and if you meet them at the light with your bike they will make the proper adjustments.

Yea right the city :newsmile026:

Here in Wisconsin you are allowed to proceed after a complete light cycle. Of course safety is always the priority.

i have been told that in tx or just Houston (not sure). if your bike doesn't trigger the light, you can call the city and if you meet them at the light with your bike they will make the proper adjustments.

Yea right the city :newsmile026:

Reminds me of the one where the lady was sitting on her porch and watched 2 city workers come along in the morning digging holes 1 ft wide and 2ft deep every 20 feet along the road.

Then in the afternoon they came back the opposite direction and were covering the holes up.

She asked why they were covering them up when they just dug them?

They said the guys that plant the trees were home sick that day.

Here in Wisconsin you are allowed to proceed after a complete light cycle. Of course safety is always the priority.

+1 on that my friend. I was nearly killed by a red light runner in 1996. I always look both ways now even on green. By the way hope your heart is doing better. I hated to hear bout your heart attack. You got one of them hi teck pace makers on your chest ?

The lights in the town I live in will not change to save the world when you are on a motorcycle. I have to run the light everytime I come up to it. I will for sure try the magnet.

Back