free website stats program too old for riding? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

too old for riding?

A buddy of mine didnt START riding until he was 70. Had never even ridden on the back.
His wife had died a couple of years earlier and knew my brothers and I rode so to give himself something to do He bought a bike. A new or nearly new BMW. He came down one evening , showed me the pamphlet and asked if I would go pick it up for him as he couldnt ride. It was winter anyway. I said sure and told him to enroll in the MSF course.
A month or so passes and he came down and said "why dont we go practice riding in some parking lot". So we did. He was doing OK until he had picked up some speed (25-30) and tryed to "steer" clear of a gaurdrail. He hit the gaurdrail pretty much head-on. We get an ambulance. He was a little banged up but otherwise OK.I figured that was the end of bike riding. wrong.
The bike was repaired, $8000+ later. He took the MSF course and passed. bought a smaller bike and figured out the basics.
That was 7-9 years ago and he is still going. He moved away to be with his son and now it is fairly common for him to make the 1400 mile trip one-way to see us 2-3 times a year.
YOUR NEVER TOO OLD.

Heck I am 71 years young and still ride APR: 60 miles a day.
Must say that I am doing it on a 2005 Harley ultra classic with a side car and enjoy every minute of it.

Hats off to the older guys still riding. Hope I never get too old to ride. can tell not as spry, quick or daring as I once was, but then again maybe a good thing. Be 60 next month

You're too old when you can't find the keys to your Harley....
You're too old when you can't find you Harley...
:lero

This is what I have to look forward to - wandering around the prkg lot in front of HFreight looking for my Ultra !

if you feel good, if your body is strong enough to support the weight of the bike, and its still in you, i say ride until......

I'll be celebrating the 24th anniversary of my 39th birthday this summer. In the last year I have ridden over 30,000 miles, and am currently about 4500 miles into an 8000 mile tour. I figure as long as I'm 39, I can ride forever :D

Back