free website stats program too old for riding? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

too old for riding?

When I can't hold up the bike anymore than its a trike for me too. Can't imagine not feeling the wind in the face or the rumble of a well tune Hog rolling down the road.

Okay, when my wife says its time.:small3d015:

I was reading the thread how old are you, which raise the question of when you should stop riding your bike. I know there are guys who could ride until very old age, but with age you get slow reactions, fragile bones and so on. The worst part is that maybe you won´t be able to figure it out before its to late. Maybe at some point your ridind buddies will have to tell you, you are too old for this, hard call anyway.

And at what age are you making this inquiry.

I'm turning 73 this year and put 4000 miles on my bike since October.

My handicap is 15 and I out drive most of the younger guy's I play with.

Condition should be a factor not age.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I figure I am too old when I can no longer get my right leg over the saddle or when my wife hides the keys on me.

You're too old when you can't find the keys to your Harley....
You're too old when you can't find you Harley...
:lero

Good one, gotta remember to tell the wife...uhh remember what? :bigsmiley22:

Hi I am 66 be 67 in October this year. Never rode a bike till I bought my new 2009 Road king. They will have to carry me out on the bike to get me off it LOL Just wish I started when i was a lot younger. But again hey u can't go forward looking in the rear view mirror

I retired from the military at 41. I retired from business at 56. I'm having my third or is it my fourth mid life crisis? When I was 56 I went into Law Enforcement...DUH! at 60 I'm still at it. I started riding (Sportster)again last year. Just put 1K on my new to me FatBoy in 3 weeks while working 50hrs a week. Your old when you can no longer safely do what you want to do. God willing my health will hold up and I'll be able to ride for say 10 more years.....or more.

RR

Last edited:
Hi I am 66 be 67 in October this year. Never rode a bike till I bought my new 2009 Road king. They will have to carry me out on the bike to get me off it LOL Just wish I started when i was a lot younger. But again hey u can't go forward looking in the rear view mirror

I'm with jt! I'll be 54 in a month or so and I just started riding about 2 mos ago. Got about 3500 miles on my 09 ultra and you are gonna have to use a big prybar to get me off of it anytime soon! :s

I'm 58 and first began riding 4 years ago. I'll keep riding on 2 wheels until I can't get my leg over my 05 goldwing and my 09 Road Glide, or I can't hold them up. Then I'll go to a trike. I also wish I had started riding earlier but that's just how things worked out.

Back