free website stats program To buy this or not??? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy this or not???

If you don't have it by now it's most likely gone the special edition models don't last long. I know this from experience, went to another dealer to see if I could get a better price and they didn't have one so went back to purchase the 2010 limited in red marlowe and it was gone and no more to be found.
If they still have it get it.

Don't give up! Try calling around to see if other dealers have one in stock. A buddy of mine found the perfect Harley for his wife 1200 miles away. They were on a road trip and stopped in at the dealer as a rest stop. It was two years old and the price was right.

:44:

Don't give up! Try calling around to see if other dealers have one in stock. A buddy of mine found the perfect Harley for his wife 1200 miles away. They were on a road trip and stopped in at the dealer as a rest stop. It was two years old and the price was right.

:44:

Been calling all around. The dealer in Ft. Worth can get one, but they want $5,000 over MSRP. I told them what they can do with that. The one I was going to buy was exactly MSRP. Another dealer in Paris is getting one in December. I'm riding to Paris tomorrow to hopefully put down a depost so when it comes in, it's all mine. No more games. I'm too old for that stuff.
(paris, texas, not paris france) :D

My Irish immigrant Grandfather was fond of saying:"Laddy boy, when in doubt...do without"...It may be a trite saying but it has worked for me my entire life. If you are not 100% certain that this is a financial obligation you definitely want to take on, walk away. Good luck...

My Irish immigrant Grandfather was fond of saying:"Laddy boy, when in doubt...do without"...It may be a trite saying but it has worked for me my entire life. If you are not 100% certain that this is a financial obligation you definitely want to take on, walk away. Good luck...

Well, I went with the old saying of "when in doubt, whip it out". My checkbook that is. Happened to go to the dealer's website down in Waco Thursday night and saw they had the anniversary model I've been looking for. Called first thing Friday morning and they still had it. Rode my Heritage down to Waco Friday morning and rode my brand spanking new 2013 Anniversary Ultra Limited home Friday night. WOW!!!!! What a ride. It was cold and dark by the time I got out of there and it was 120 mile ride home, but it was still awesome. Have to remember to take it easy for the break in period, cause it's real easy to go faster than I should on this thing. Like others have said, the top end seems very noisy, and the heat off the pipes is intense and it was cold outside. Will have to address that soon. I guess it could be that as soon as I hit the Interstate it was bumper to bumper traffic for 25 miles. My first ride on this thing and I didn't even get out of 3rd gear for 25 miles. We crawled. A semi ran out of gas on the highway and an 8 car pile up ensued in the afternoon, but still had backups several hours later. After traffic cleared it was smooth sailing. Couldn't figure out how to turn it from CD to radio in the dark, and was more interested in just keeping it between the lines so I had to listen to the same CD 3 times, but that was ok. Didn't think it was going to happen but you know what.........??? As much as I love this bike, I sure do miss my Heritage already. :( Pictures to follow soon.

Back