free website stats program To buy this or not??? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy this or not???

Congratulations on your new bike Harley Davidson Community Have a read here for break in:D

I've been breaking it in per the dealers recommendations. Got just a little over 250 miles. Is it too late to try this break in method??? And do I really need to change the oil so soon??? 100 miles seems early (I'm already passed it). Can it wait until the 1,000 mile service??? Or does this break in method allow more metal particles to get into the oil that I need to get out a.s.a.p.??? And wouldn't the filter trap any metal shavings???
Thanks.

I did the 30/60/30 x10 break-in @ 80-miles and changed oil to M1 V-twin Synth (20w/50) @ 100-miles. My preference(s) may not be yours...

I've been breaking it in per the dealers recommendations. Got just a little over 250 miles. Is it too late to try this break in method??? And do I really need to change the oil so soon??? 100 miles seems early (I'm already passed it). Can it wait until the 1,000 mile service??? Or does this break in method allow more metal particles to get into the oil that I need to get out a.s.a.p.??? And wouldn't the filter trap any metal shavings???
Thanks.

:D Nah, it is not too late, Changing the oil IMO sooner can be a plus to get rid of the break in particles that the filter may miss, JMO I change @ 500, 1,000 and every 2,500 on ALL my bikes Is it over kill, I dunno but I have not had any major engine problems. Your ride you decide and enjoy breaking in that NEW bike:D

Back