free website stats program To buy this or not??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy this or not???

glazier go for it.I agree with the other friends,you live once.PLUS never forget that you live in a blessed country.

Beautiful bike, but only you truly understand your financial and family situations.

The only thing I would say is don't overspend because it is an Anniversary model. Harley and the dealers try to create a sense of exclusivity with these bikes and the CVO models, but resale values don't remain very far above the base models from what I've seen.

Obviously this bike spoke to you, if it is in your budget and you cant live with out it Buy it, see if they will pony up an extended warranty:s

Thanks for all the great answers. I was going to sleep on it last night, but got no sleep at all thinking about it. Been wanting an Ultra Limited for a long time and when I saw this model and color in the catalog I knew it was the one for me. Just happened to go into the local dealer yesterday and there she was sitting on the showroom floor. Each dealer only gets one of these (supposedly). As far as the financial situation, I can afford it, but who knows what happens in a few years. I have no "other 1/2" anymore, so that's not an issue. The kids are grown and gone, so it's just me and my Heritage (for now). My biggest issue is they aren't giving me squat for my bike on a trade. I could try to sell it but that could take a while and a big hassle, and by trading it in I save on the sales tax for the trade in value. They won't budge on the price or the freight and prep numbers, or throw in any freebies. I wanted a riders backrest or some highway pegs, and they won't even give me that, so asking for a free extended warranty would be a waste of time too, but I'll try it. At least this dealer is only asking MSRP. Some of the dealers around here are adding 3-4K to the MSRP. I'm not too worried about the resale value because I plan on keeping this one for many years. And this one is not a whole lot more than just a regular Ultra Limited. Well, think I'll go buy it see what happens.
(or I could buy the new CVO Ultra that they have for 43K) :D

Thanks for all the great answers. I was going to sleep on it last night, but got no sleep at all thinking about it. Been wanting an Ultra Limited for a long time and when I saw this model and color in the catalog I knew it was the one for me. Just happened to go into the local dealer yesterday and there she was sitting on the showroom floor. Each dealer only gets one of these (supposedly). As far as the financial situation, I can afford it, but who knows what happens in a few years. I have no "other 1/2" anymore, so that's not an issue. The kids are grown and gone, so it's just me and my Heritage (for now). My biggest issue is they aren't giving me squat for my bike on a trade. I could try to sell it but that could take a while and a big hassle, and by trading it in I save on the sales tax for the trade in value. They won't budge on the price or the freight and prep numbers, or throw in any freebies. I wanted a riders backrest or some highway pegs, and they won't even give me that, so asking for a free extended warranty would be a waste of time too, but I'll try it. At least this dealer is only asking MSRP. Some of the dealers around here are adding 3-4K to the MSRP. I'm not too worried about the resale value because I plan on keeping this one for many years. And this one is not a whole lot more than just a regular Ultra Limited. Well, think I'll go buy it see what happens.
(or I could buy the new CVO Ultra that they have for 43K) :D

Work the sales man, they make 500.00 for each new bike they sell, if he is hungry he will take it to his manager, they are there to sell bikes JMO and Good Luck

strange...on a Harley forum and no one said "NO DON'T DO IT" :D

Well I hate to throw a wrench in the works, but if you have to take out a loan for 7 years there is only one reason is to lower the payment. I personally think that maybe at seven years you may be extending yourself and should wait to save up more for a down payment and then buy one for not more than five years. This is the advise I give my sons. Only my opinion it is your money. Nice bike though!

The last time i lost a wee bit of sleep over a weekend thinking of a bike it was my bike on monday
However i did have the cash to buy and i did not pay the sticker price the owner of the motorcycle shop selling the bike did know me as i had been buying parts for a restoration of a honda that he had inspected on the friday and i saw the bike while the inspection was being done and i did the deal with him

Brian

Go balls to the wall and get the CVO you won't regret it! What's $43,000 over 7 years? You could be the envy of the whole town.:D You might just get a new better 1/2 also:newsmile100:

Back