free website stats program tires | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

tires

5k on the sporties rear and it's almost dead, front seems ok :) , glide has roughly 4.5.k and the rear is slowly squaring off front is still fine
WAP.gif

Stop those Wheelies LOL:s

Dunlop 427 on the rear lasted 12.5K miles. Same model on the front is 17K and still going. Measured tread depth on the front yesterday = 3/32. Looks like I'll get something around 19K or so, then replace. 3:2 ratio, right? 1.5 rear for every 1.0 front.

City miles are much harder on your tires than Highway miles. It's a rolling friction vs. sliding friction thing.
This alone will throw all your comparisons out the window.

Tires are the most important safety feature of an motorcycle. Change 'em before they let you down.

Just reading and looking at where most members who posted live, I have to say you guys get a lot of miles on your tires! Up here in Colorado I have driven Harleys for the last 20 years and average at best 7K for rear and 10K for front. I contribute a lot to the roads and here we have very rough roads because of the winters!

I just had my second service completed on my 2010 FXDC. Have 6k on the bike and they told me I have not even used 1/2 of the tread. I do ride the highway about 2/3 of my mileage though. I'm sure if I were riding the city all the time I'd be wearing them more.

Back