free website stats program tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tires

Honestly, there were probably some miles left in the tires as I was just into the wear bars, but I don't ever wait until my tires are bald on any vehicle - just not safe.

Honestly, there were probably some miles left in the tires as I was just into the wear bars, but I don't ever wait until my tires are bald on any vehicle - just not safe.

Wow. Your getting Great mileage on your tires. They must put re-cycled crushed glass in the asphalt where I live. Or maybe it's the way I ride. I don't take the twisties hard but I do like to blast from all stop lights.:p

Wow , that is great from Dunlops, never seen those kind of miles :s

15,500 on my 09 FLHR and the front will need to be renewed in about 3/5,000..

Not sure about the back it looks to have 3/16 almost 1/4 inch left..

So go figure....

Varied style of riding. not at 70 very often. Two up about 1/3 of those miles..

I was surprised to be getting that mileage out of that BIG rear tire but then I checked the $$$ for the new BIG one and was surprised Again!.... haha

signed....BUBBIE

On my Dunlops i got 9000 out of rear and front was still good,on my metzlers the rear tires came apart twice once on the side wall and the bottom of the tread peeled back,both with only 2000 or so miles. now with the soft compound Avons,I get around 9500 miles out of rear,and and the front i just change ,just so they both look good. I weight only 195# and my passanger is around 130-135# depends when you ask her.HA HA .

15,500 on my 09 FLHR and the front will need to be renewed in about 3/5,000..

Not sure about the back it looks to have 3/16 almost 1/4 inch left..

So go figure....

Varied style of riding. not at 70 very often. Two up about 1/3 of those miles..

I was surprised to be getting that mileage out of that BIG rear tire but then I checked the $$$ for the new BIG one and was surprised Again!.... haha

signed....BUBBIE

That is why I know what mileage I AM getting, but when I replace, I check the $$$, measure the new tire tread depth in 3 places 'cross the tread on the Work Repair...but say nothingn. Don't believe in Karma par-se'...:s

Having a flat after recently replacing with new, is directly proportional to the time you spend with said new tire (just thinking a flat may make Mr. Murphy "nail it" free of charge, nasty guy that). I like to be "pleasantly" NOT SURPRIZED by my tires by visually inspecting often, and checking air pressure and tight tire stem inerds... :lero

15,700 on my dunlop 407 rear. The tire is not down to the wear bars yet but not far from it. I always use the engine to help with braking and I'm not to shy with the throttle either! 2 up about 1/4 of the time.

Just changed the original rear tire @ 15,300 miles. Still had some tread left but didn't want to push it. Hard to say about the front, had it changed before a trip a couple years ago just for peace of mind and have 8000 mi on it and it has plenty of tread left....

I'll get about 15 out of this set....not much to up. last set I didn't do so well ,but was running 95 where they replaced the road with concrete and grooved it .

Back