free website stats program tires | Harley Davidson Forums

tires

rmouse2

hey all ya'll, tire question.... approx how many miles should you get out of a set of tires ?? i dont do burn-outs or any hot-rodding ( ok maybe a little hot-rodding )!!!!! had to replace rear at about 6,000 miles and now at 11,000 the front needs replaced.. dunlaps front and rear from the H-D dealer.. Im not complaining about the tires just lookin for info. and i have been to the self help sec. and seen the tire poll and read a few posts .. thanx as always any info is appreciated......

I have 12,250 on my rearFXDB, getting new rear tire Tuesday front is still good to go

I run 10 to 11000 miles on a rear and double on the front. Depends on your riding style and the weight of rider and passenger and load. If you are a hard accelerator and braker tires will wear quicker
kemo

I'm getting about 8K on a stock rear Lop and twice that on the front. We have annual inspection in PA and I always have to replace my rear tire when it still has usable tread so I can't tell you how far I could really push it.

Dosnt seem to matter how I ride I can only seem to get 8000 miles out of the rear tire but was able to get 19000 out of the front tire. That rear tire does seem to wear a lot faster in the hotter temps on hot pavement.

Dave

All I got was ~7K out of the Rear factory Dunlop. Stock bike. I could come up with lots of factors why some people get more than I did.

19000 out of front.

Just turned over 25000 miles on bike and getting to change second tire on rear, that over 12000 on each rear tire.

Back