Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Michelin

Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
My fxdx had metzler 880 marathons ( not new ) when I bought it.I put 12k on the rear and 15k on the front before I picked up a screw.I don't ride it ez either and almost 1/2 the miles were 2 up. IMO metzlers are hard to beat.

Just changed back to Dunlops...final verdict Metzelers 7500 miles both tires needed replacement....Dunlops lasted 9500 miles. Have to say, that the Metzelers handled better in the twisties, but straight up on the super slab, the Dunlops did not wander on rain grooves as much...

08 Ultra: running stock Dunlops, getting about 11k on the rears (worn slick) and 20k so far on the front (est another 10k before replacing) ... considering other options (Metzeler/Avon/Pirelli) if I can find consistent reports of better mileage.

I ran Metzlers on my other bikes and had good results. Unfortunately for the SG, the only thing available for the rear is the Dunlop through HD.:(

glyd-n.
Will these fit your 2010 SG? They're for a 2009 SG.
Metzeler ME880 Marathon 180/65B-16 Rear Tire

I just ordered a pair of Metzeler 880 Marathons for my Street Bob with a Deuce wheel out back and a Victory billet 5 spoke on front.
I hade to go from a 180 to a 170 for the rear. But now i finally have a matched set of rubbers on my ride.

Bought bike with Maxiis tires on it. Terrible wear, scalloped, out of balance. Always checked on air pressure so that wasn't issue. Just put on Metzler 880e Marathons. Couldn't believe difference. "83 Flt feels nimble and smooth. Going to New Hampshire after the 4th so they will get a good trial. Tell you after the trip!

Well, just got back from 800 mile trip and I have to say the Metzlers were fantastic. Even took the FLT onto some new construction sites. Not a dirt bike by any means, but tires handled everything I threw at them. Metzlers get my vote!!

Back