Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Michelin

Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
Bike came with Dunlops. Have replaced the rear already and planning on changing to the Metzler's once the front has to be replaced. So far 12,800 and front still looks great.

Bike came with Dunlops, so when I reolace them I will use Dunlops again. So far the tires are wearing like iron. Twenty one K on the factory tires. Still look pretty good for the miles on them. No I don't ride on them untill they are bald.

I bought into the hype I read on several forums about Metzler Marathon tires and put a set on my RK. I hate them. They are slippery and I didn't get any more miles out of the first rear tire than I did with the OEM Dunlops. I liked the traction on the OEM Dunlops a lot better then what I am experiancing with the Metzler tires. I am on my second rear tire and it is just as slippery as the first one was. My brother and a guy I ride with both feel the same way. We all just thought it was us until we started talking about it one day.

As soon as I wear out the front tire I'm going back to Dunlops!

ive some cupping on front tire ,backs so worn now that the wear marks are no longer
visible.no cracks handles great at speed 10.000 miles.( i know and yes im changing them next week for more dunlops cos i got nothing bad to say about them )

On my 09 ultra I am still running the factory originals, with no cupping on the 407 front tire. (5500 miles) My next set will probably be the Dunlop American Elite on both front and rear. They seem to be very close to the Elite III that are made for the goldwings and those are a very smooth running tire.

Gator

I had OEM Dunlops D408 and D407 on my '08' Night train, I got 12K out of them, and loved them except when the rode got wet. I switched to Metzler ME 880 front and rear, I like them more Dulops. And I rode in the rain last night, taction was a lot better, they stick to the rode like glue.

I switched to Michelin Commander after my west coast trip. No complaints except the rear seems a little narrow for a MU85/16 compared to the Dunlop of the same size.

Conti Milestone CM1/CM2.
Tried these after several pairs of Dunlops. I was never entirely happy with these - ok in the dry and for wear, but too hard in the wet.
Wet performance is important to me, as this scoot is my daily ride. Think I will try the UK fav next time - Avon's (the Brits know all there is to know about rain...).

I changed to Avons from Dunlop and the improvement was outstanding, got rear puncture while touring France and could only get a Metzeler,nowhere near as good as the Avon.

Back