free website stats program This is one of the hardest things I've ever done... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

This is one of the hardest things I've ever done...

A little over 500 miles on her so far and decided against the XM Radio. The USB port works GREAT and the XM Module hasn't showed up yet so I just got credit for that and the service fee that I already paid for. I got a $580 credit for deciding against XM and dropped the antenna relocation (I'm taking the antenna off and don't need one) and I'm using the credit to buy the little darlin' a new leather jacket that she fell in LOVE with and which is 50% off. A brand new jacket, even whern it is 110 degrees outside will go a long way in my house! Plus I'll have enough left for a derby cover and some highway pegs.

Please elaborate on the lifetime warranty. I opened the link you posted and it appears that in order to maintain the warranty, all maintenance must be done by the dealer and to the schedule required by HD in the service manual. Did I read that right?

They prefer the dealership where you purchased the bike, but all you have to do is call and get an authorization to take it to another shop. Since the dealership is a good distance from me (115 miles) I have already called and pre-authorized the service at my local mechanic's shop. I also asked about lifetime and they said that it is in effect as long as I own the bike and all scheduled maintenance is made on time.

I've also found that to be the case, if the shop is a authorized Harley work provider your good to go.
I'm not sure what hoops an indy shop has to jump through to be a authorized provider but I like the idea I have a choice.

I'm not sure what hoops an indy shop has to jump through to be a authorized provider but I like the idea I have a choice.
The mechanic just bought the Cycle part of Red Rock Auto & Cycle here in Sedona and he said it wasn't easy to get the green light from the lifetime warranty people but he did it. He still has to jump through some hoops with every service but it will still save me some cash as opposed to riding out to a dealership at least 100 miles away 3-4 times a year for the 5000 mile maintenance. I'll get a pre-auth confirmation # directly from the warranty company before each service and it will have the added benefit of keeping my money in my town, helping a small business man who works his tail off. I couldn't be happier with the arrangement.

Forgot to mention, he bought the Cycle part of the business but he has been THE Cycle mechanic there for years. I've been going there for 3 years and have never had a bad experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back