free website stats program this is crazy,leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

this is crazy,leak

Jack..i like ur thinking,,how ever the quad seal sits on fith gear,,themain shaft is a new jims and seals fine.
I also tried the rtv red silicone with the quad seal and it still leaks ,,but not as bad..most leaks happen from a the main shaft,or main seal or quad seal when the bike is on the kick stand leaning left,,trans levels are above all seals when this happens,,it has nothing to do with pressures..I want to thank everyone for their ideas,,just want to say this for the last time,,trans have no pressures. this is a miss understanding by alot of people. the reseason for leaks on trans is gravity..if u disagree thats ok,,,,its called atmospheric pressure and is equal with vent tube,,,if u have the vent tube plugged and drive ur bike u will not leak threw these seals,,if u disagree try it,,it will vent threw your main shaft to primary.

just want to say this for the last time,,trans have no pressures. this is a miss understanding by alot of people. the reseason for leaks on trans is gravity..if u disagree thats ok,,,,its called atmospheric pressure and is equal with vent tube,,,if u have the vent tube plugged and drive ur bike u will not leak threw these seals,,if u disagree try it,,it will vent threw your main shaft to primary.

While your theory has some validity in a round about way, if the trans were to vent through the main shaft into the primary, where would it go then being the primary is not vented?:s
The MOCO could save their money then adding that non functional vent tube on the trans case and drilling the trans casting for the fitting to attach it to.

glider,,,im not on here to argue about your personal thoughts,,fact is fact,,the adjustment screw on the clutch has a flat machined on the shaft,,,do you know why they do this?,,,its because of the venting threw the shaft,,im done talking to you glider,,learn how something works before you deside to pretend to know what your doing,,i have built and worked on bikes for 40 years and always willing to learn,,you sir have alot to learn,,have a nice day and im leaving this site,,only because of pretenders like you...i hope in the future when anyone needs help on motor cycles they seek pros and not wanabes..harley riders or any person that enjoys the ride knows one thing..a pretender will always be a pretender.

Obviously if you can't fix your leak, it's clear who doesn't know what they are doing.:D

From what you say here, it looks like you have been building bikes since you were 6 years old. (born in 63) :lolrolling

Have a nice day!

Poofclean-1.jpg

well THAT was certainly an interesting exchange... Obviously "jackie" knew not with whom he or she was dealing with... I'm a newbie and even I learned early on of the fabled "poof" button lol -

Nice job on handling that one Glider....:D

well THAT was certainly an interesting exchange... Obviously "jackie" knew not with whom he or she was dealing with... I'm a newbie and even I learned early on of the fabled "poof" button lol -

Wow, the Poof Button, How much grief can Glider take, a pretender and wanna be, I think not Keep up the good job Boss :s

Confusion says::s
Sometimes stupidity is supersieded by lack of intelligence :59:

Wow, the Poof Button, How much grief can Glider take, a pretender and wanna be, I think not Keep up the good job Boss :s

No grief at all Jack, I just let the rope play out a bit at a time. :16:

Back