free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 24 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

If you are using a hydraulic bike lift or jack, NEVER rely on the hydraulic pressure to hold your 700 lb. dysfunctional baby up in the air. ALWAYS lower the bike back down to the mechanical stops.
Great advice for any use of hydraulics. The item holding back the pressure is a rubber o-ring worth under $0.10.

After draining your oil , Before you add new oil, Make sure you put the drain plug back on. :small3d023:

This also goes for the primary plug!! Don't ask me how I know!!!

Isn't that called flushing the system, done it a couple of times with no ill effects. Does get a little expensive, but then again, its an Harley... Nuff said!!:D

When winterizing your bike I suggest not avoiding doing the following (as this thread is about things not to do on your bike :)):

Be careful where you spray S1000 or ACF anti-corrosion spray - avoid getting it on the brake discs or allowing it to get down onto your tyres - you might get a nasty surprise when you're next on the road and need brakes or good tyre grip.

If you're bike is not up on a lift and reats on a concrete floor - put a few bits of carpets remnant under the tyres and move the bike periodically so that the same part of the tyre is not bearing the bikes weight for months on end.

I don't know what others think but I keep the fuel tank full with a sachet of fuel stabilizer dissolved in it.

Bike had a service and oil change just before hibernation.

When winterizing your bike I suggest not avoiding doing the following (as this thread is about things not to do on your bike :)):

Be careful where you spray S1000 or ACF anti-corrosion spray - avoid getting it on the brake discs or allowing it to get down onto your tyres - you might get a nasty surprise when you're next on the road and need brakes or good tyre grip.

If you're bike is not up on a lift and reats on a concrete floor - put a few bits of carpets remnant under the tyres and move the bike periodically so that the same part of the tyre is not bearing the bikes weight for months on end.

I don't know what others think but I keep the fuel tank full with a sachet of fuel stabilizer dissolved in it.

Bike had a service and oil change just before hibernation.

Hey cedar....what's "winterizing your bike" mean..........LOL:D

Hey cedar....what's "winterizing your bike" mean..........LOL:D

New verb invented by the EU and sold to the Oxford English Dictionary to help boost the Euro lol :D
WAP.gif

New verb invented by the EU and sold to the Oxford English Dictionary to help boost the Euro lol :D
WAP.gif

Whoa!! T dubya - is that a justifiable shot at my abuse of our mother tongue or a hint of climatic superiority from Queensland - in that you never have to"winterize" :lolrolling
WAP.gif

Whoa!! T dubya - is that a justifiable shot at my abuse of our mother tongue or a hint of climatic superiority from Queensland - in that you never have to"winterize" :lolrolling
WAP.gif

Oh my god no cedar, no, I'm not having a go at any abuse of our mother tongue, gee whilikers. You and I both belong to this wonderful American forum, and who better than anyone to abuse the English language..........than Americans!! :newsmile100:

No, I'm afraid it's the climatic superiority thing.........sorry, just couldn't help myself...... :lolrolling

Oh my god no cedar, no, I'm not having a go at any abuse of our mother tongue, gee whilikers. You and I both belong to this wonderful American forum, and who better than anyone to abuse the English language..........than Americans!! :newsmile100:

No, I'm afraid it's the climatic superiority thing.........sorry, just couldn't help myself...... :lolrolling

Fair enough T wrecks - I do chuckle to myself at times when I wonder about all our American cousins shaking their heads in sympathy at my inability to spell with "tyre", "colour" "disc" etc. :D

You having another heavy Wet? Our winter here in England is so mild this year that I'm strongly thinking of de-winterizing the bike and going out for a ride.... not a hint of ice so no salt on the roads yet and very little rain too.

Back