free website stats program They all look like Harleys to me.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

They all look like Harleys to me..

Hello, I took a 24 year break from riding because I couldn't afford the Harley and the lookalikes just didn't appeal to me. Glad I waited, this bike is worth it.

Kevin

I'm like TXMikey. Started out in '97 with a Vulcan. Wanted a HD but couldn't afford it. All those metrics may look and run good, but they're not a Harley. I would have spent more $ trying to make a metric look and sound like a Harley, but it wouldn't be what I have always wanted. I wanted a big V-Twin again. I compared them all and the HD was in the same price range. The metrics just lack style IMO.

My nephew rides a Vulcan. Rides with me, my brother-in-law, & another nephew who all ride HD. He rides what he can afford (and takes plenty of (EDIT) from us as a wanta be), but I give credit he always enjoys the ride!:s

Last edited by a moderator:
Harley Davidson says one thing your riding the best there is. My Harley is the Rolls Royce of bikes. Nothing but prestige. I have all ways had nice cars. When I rode my Honda and seen a Harley I wanted one I felt like a lower class of rider. I grew up in a biker town everyone road a Harley. Dundee Ill if you know where that is. Ride what you like.

and the truth finally arrives abait slower and noiser :D
ride what you want and enjoy the ride what ever your on

To me metrics "looking" like a Harley are really the best compliment MOCO could ask for...! Are they better...technologically speaking :newsmile063: maybe, but rider satisfaction based on smiles per mile no comparison... :newsmile076:

I have to say the "metrics" get a little better each year at imitating the Harley Look, but they just can't capture the soul of an air cooled V twin Harley.

Some of my friends ride metric cruisers and trade every couple of years when "Yamahondakawzuky" comes out with a "new and improved" model then they bitch about the lousy trade in they get. I just tell them I get a new Harley every ten years, weather I need one or not and still get more on a trade then they got for their two year old (expletive deleted). They all say they can't afford a Harley, but I have told them many times , only the first one is expensive cause you don't get shafted on the trade and you won't want to trade every two years.

Oh well, they're nice guys but about as sharp as a bag of wet hair.

Back