free website stats program The Wave... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Wave...

I try to acknowledge all riders but sometimes I might be clutching or doing something else and can't. No disrespect intended.

I wave when I can. It doesn't matter if the other riders wave back, but I have noticed that the police always wave back.

Must be that "Southern Hospitality" attitude but most everyone I encounter around here waves or waves back. I resort to the nod of the head if my hands are busy on the controls. Also, I believe it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the wave is suspended during any rally or large bike get together.

I'm with Dr. Doolittle & PaulMack, almost everyone in my area waves. The wave is definitely off @ rally's, if not you'd never have your hands on the bars.
I've had non-riders tell me that the wave is one of the coolest things about bikers. They can see the brotherhood of bikers because of it.

Been waving to people enjoying my passion of riding a motorcycle since '72. Back then it was the raised fist... a little militant looking, maybe even threatening looking to non-understanding cagers about. I'm still waving but the ones I REALLY enjoy giving a wave to, are the little ones, boys and girls alike. When the sound of an approaching Harley makes these little ones stop and stare,I feel that deserves a wave! Many years ago, I was that little kid that would stop and stare and dream : "Someday, man, I'm gonna have me one of them..."

I like to return a wave to the real hard core looking bikers who like to almost drag the hand on the ground. I raise my left hand over my head and wave like I'm trying to get the attention of a rescue helicopter. Makes me smile all the time.

Most folks here wave and I try to as well, if I am busy clutching then I'll try to nod, just a southern thang!!

The wave is just one of many hand signals I use to communicate with other bikers.If they wave back great and if they dont no big deal.

Try to wave all the time might miss a few when cornering, you have to pull them trikes around the corners.

Back