free website stats program The Wave... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Wave...

In Michigan it's about 95% I like the down low for Harleys, when it gets too much I go with quick hand of the grip, on the divided highway forget it. It depends on the situation how much effort is put into it. Intersection head nod.:57: It is fun to catch a nubee on a crotch Rocket off guard.

I always wave even to police bikes!

I am surprised that a lot of harley riders don't wave back,maybe it's because I wear a full face helmet and jacket(even in the heat)

Must be that "Southern Hospitality" attitude but most everyone I encounter around here waves or waves back. I resort to the nod of the head if my hands are busy on the controls. Also, I believe it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the wave is suspended during any rally or large bike get together.

I find it's the same here in Virginia, most people wave back. Maybe it is "Southern Hospitality".

I wave most of the time except when I see the rider in shorts and flip flops. Then I kinda just shake my head not to be rude, just disbelief.

I like to wave but I tell ya, here in Central Fla. youmay not ever put your hand back on the bars! If I were to wave at every bike and every scooter I would be dangerous.
I try to wave to my fellow HD riders not because of a lack of respect or selfiousness. It's just alot of waving. I agree with the previous statement about more bikes on the road now too.

Bodeen

I'll wave...
Though not to the guy in the far right lane of a 4 or more lane, divided by a 30 foot+ grassy median highway (I see it at least once a day). I mean at that distance we are passing at the equivalent of an asteroid near earth miss. There has to be a limit.

Seems the older riders are more likely to wave, irregardless of bike. The young bucks, not so much.

Must be that "Southern Hospitality" attitude but most everyone I encounter around here waves or waves back. I resort to the nod of the head if my hands are busy on the controls. Also, I believe it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the wave is suspended during any rally or large bike get together.

Same here DR, I dome times flap my left hand down to warn riders of the police and radar:s

I aways return waves from any bike but must admit most times am not the first to wave (due to non returners) :57:

Back