free website stats program The Wave... | Harley Davidson Forums

The Wave...

Zephead

I have been around motorcycling for about 40 years. Is it just me or do fewer bikers give a greeting wave? I acknowledge every bike I come across. I don't care what is branded on the side as long as it has a motor and two wheels (or three). I just see it as common courtesy and a shared passion, motorcycling. What do you think? Sorry if this has been covered before..

I try to wave all of them unless I am tied up operating mine,
But you are right alot around were I live do not wave either, But I still do!

The wave or the sideways peace sign has been around for a long time. I also do it to all who ride free in the wind, keep waving.

Considering the millions of bikes on the road now...it might just be a little dated...not like the old days where bikes were relatively rare.

I also always wave at all bikers and many truckers, unless busy with the controls. The 2 fingers down, or what looks like a sideways peace sign is given to remind the fellow biker to keep both wheels on the ground and be safe.

I have been rideing for over 30 years and have always been one to wave but as stated it seems that there are less out there waveing back. I think its alot like everything else, there is genral lack of respect and a selfish mindset about people in our country today. it seams that greed and selfishness are a common personality trait . I stiil remember what I was tought as a kid! Treat others the way you want to be treated! respect your elders, and be thoughtful of others! I dont think that today or for that matter yesterdays parrents tought that to thier kids. just watch the evening news!

Some days I just get tired of it. On a weekend when all the bikes are on the road it just gets to be a pain in the butt. Sometimes I like to shock the scooter riders though and wave at them.

Like Watch guy says above, it gets tiring on weekends and during bike events. I do the wave most times, but other times it's distracting from operating your own scoot.

Must be that "Southern Hospitality" attitude but most everyone I encounter around here waves or waves back. I resort to the nod of the head if my hands are busy on the controls. Also, I believe it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the wave is suspended during any rally or large bike get together.

Back