free website stats program The trip must go on. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The trip must go on.

Now that I've heard from the PRU, I will say thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in this situation and I appreciate the advice. I will be going on this adventure and am actually looking forward to it. I've contacted my sister who lives in Colorado and she's going to have a cold one or two waiting for me. Again, thank you all. I can't say enough how much I enjoy this site and all you fine people. I will be traveling the side roads as much as possible, never really like interstates. Rts 224, 24, 30, 20. Looking forward to roadside diner food and people. Have a tent, but at 61 years old we'll see how that goes. Cell phone and phone cards are ready and waiting. Thanks again for your support

Glad to hear you are going ahead with the trip. I hope you take us along with you like Pru and others. Be safe and I hope your friends treatment is successful.

in 1982 i set out on a 4 week trip with a friend after 3 days he gecided it wasnt for him so i went on alone
as it was a camping trip at each stop i met new people occasionally no one spoke perhaps i looked a little rough
but did meet in with some very nice people and enjoyed the whole trip
so from me id say go and enjoy

Brian

Live is short and we don't know what tomorrow holds in store, take the ride, enjoy the memories and bring them back and share with your friend....It's those positive things that will help him as he goes through his treatments, and the testament that you would consider not going speaks volumes for your friendship, something I'm sure he will appreciate.
Have fun, ride safe and share the memories.

Now that I've heard from the PRU, I will say thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in this situation and I appreciate the advice. I will be going on this adventure and am actually looking forward to it. I've contacted my sister who lives in Colorado and she's going to have a cold one or two waiting for me. Again, thank you all. I can't say enough how much I enjoy this site and all you fine people. I will be traveling the side roads as much as possible, never really like interstates. Rts 224, 24, 30, 20. Looking forward to roadside diner food and people. Have a tent, but at 61 years old we'll see how that goes. Cell phone and phone cards are ready and waiting. Thanks again for your support

Glad to hear you're going. Have a safe trip. Best of luck to your friend as well. Hope he can kick the cancer and ride with you in the future.

I went to the U.P. of Mich. last week by myself after my buds couldn't go. Had a good time. You can stop when you want. See things that YOU want to see. In other words it's your own schedual. You can see and do things that you want to see and do.

Well...it's past 30 Jul so hope the OP's having a safe & enjoyable trip. I've had two pos skin cancer spots removed w/100% success (MOHS is gr8) so best to his bud & they'll definitely need to start planning next year's rally.

Maybe post your route and some members can join you and ride with you for a few miles. If you don't want to go try to sell the things you bought [maybe here on this site]. I am kind of in the same delema too. A buddy and I planned a trip to the Mackinaw bridge in Michigan. I put it my time off and got approved but his boss kept giving him the runaround and wouldn't commit to anything untill a couple of weeks ago. Although I haven't rode by myself on a long trip in some time now I am hesitant to go. So weather permitting I am still planning to go there. Whatever you decide good luck and enjoy.
This is an excellent idea. As you head Westward any member who is interested could join you through each respective state that you ride through. That way you wouldn't be riding alone and would enjoy the company and meet first hand the people on this forum. Unfortunately I live East of your home state or I would have gladly taken a day ride through my state and accompanied you on your Westward sojourn. Good luck to you and have a safe trip if you do decide to go. Last, but certainly not least, Godspeed on your buddies recovery. My Dad had skin cancer on his nose. It was treated and he was fine!

Back