free website stats program Tfi | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

I talked with Matt at Dobeck on 5-25-11 about my TFI issues I'm having.He instructed me to reconnect the TFI and set the 'yellow' pot on '1' and see how it runs there.He thought I could be getting to much gas.If not,I'll remove the TFI and send it back to Dobeck.I hate to do that because Chris has checked it out once and it was ok.Am I possibly missing something here in the installation?Its not a rocket science installation for sure.Any insight is appreicated. BP

With the repeat problems you have been seeing, I feel that there is an underlying problem that you feel is the TFI causing it. You may want to check further before considering the TFI as the source being it was checked over and found OK.
As with any electronic part, they can go bad and it may even be an intermittent problem but explore other things before going nuts.

Your problem could be something to do with fuel in the tank. Did this start shortly after fueling up?

Glider I was addressing the problem as if it were gasoline,e.g.I put some Sea Foam in the tank.However,I'm through my ( 4th ) tank of gas and the issue is still there.I would think eventiously the problem if it were gas would clear up.Whats your thoughts?

Have you considered removing the tank and thoroughly cleaning it out to eliminate that part of the equation completely?

I talked with Matt at Dobeck on 5-25-11 about my TFI issues I'm having.He instructed me to reconnect the TFI and set the 'yellow' pot on '1' and see how it runs there.He thought I could be getting to much gas.If not,I'll remove the TFI and send it back to Dobeck.I hate to do that because Chris has checked it out once and it was ok.Am I possibly missing something here in the installation?Its not a rocket science installation for sure.Any insight is appreicated. BP
I sent you a lengthly PM this morning.... Hope You try to re-set the TFI using my method and go from there,, I really think your saying it doesn't run good, using a lot of gas, may be cured but the adjustment on pot #1 and down on #2 like suggested by Dobecks..

signed....BUBBIE..

Just a quick question, you used more fuel without the TFI installed?

BUBBIE here,

NO is the answer, I think it is just in the first pot adjustment TOO Fat....

It should be set with warmed engine, I always put a BIG Fan in front of the bike blowing across the exhaust and heads so it doesn't Over Heat while doing this adjustment.......

Lock the throttle(duct tape) at 18/2ooo RPM for the setting....

(This is the most important setting to do RIGHT that YOU adjust)

Take your screwdriver and move pot ONE from #1 to the Right UNTIL it runs too rich.. You can Hear the engine Stumble too rich,,,,,
THEN Back-Off until it smoothes,,,,,,,, at this spot it runs smooooooth,,, QUIT there.. NO more,,, smooth is what you want.. More fuel here is NOT needed and will only give you too much fuel and mileage will drop and run poorly....
More is NOT always Better.

I found that b p bike is a trike and 103,,, Now i wonder what cams are in it?,,, IF SE255's He'll need to turn DOWN pot #1 as I had to do on my bike When I put in SE 255 cams..

The above adjustment is what Dobecks agrees with, NEEDS to be done on pot One.. They might term it differently but with the same end results = a fine running bike.

He'll (b p) get it worked out this time or it will be Suggested to change out TFI for a New one.. I'm sure Dobecks will offer one to him to get it working right..

Dobecks are the BEST to work with... We Have MANY of our members using their fine products, TFI / Gen3 and are HAPPY....

VERY VERY FEW problems with TFI's when installed and adjusted properly for YOUR bike...

signed....BUBBIE

I hope you can get your problem figured out, the TFI has been the best money spent on our bike and it is so critical as BUBBIE and GLIDER have stated in the correct set-up of this unit or it will not preform the best, but if you take your time and then get it dialed in you'll not have to touch it again until you change something else. Through my frustration with other products GLIDER was the one who pointed me in the right direction with the TFI, and since I have sent many riders to their web site who I khow have pruchased the TFI and have had zero problems with it. Im glad that they are at this forum,,, their first class prople and fit in very well just like so many others here. GOOD LUCK TIM

Back