free website stats program Tfi | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

This is the 2nd time I have had issues with the TFI.I sent it back to Chris late last yr and it checked out fine.The bike ran fine for about 500-700 miles, started coughing a bit, and now it will hardly run.I removed the ground on the TFI and plugged the 02's back in and it runs fine.I tought it could be bad gas at first because it seemed to clear up but it runs fine without the TFI.I used an extra gal. of gas running home ( 130 miles ).What would cause it to run fine for awhile and then progressively get worse? Thanks for any insight.

I just ordered a gen-3 TFI , hope I'm not wasting my money !

Way to many good reviews to be worried about that. More than likey banjo picker has an isolated case with his TFI.

I would try completely unplugging the unit and reinstall using dialectric grease on the connections.

I just ordered a gen-3 TFI , hope I'm not wasting my money !

As always anything that has electrical components can fail but the difference is the company that you buy from. Dobeck has stood behind any problems that may have arisen with any of their units. To date the only problem I have had after using many of their TFI's was a faulty bypass resister and they replaced and had it to my house in 2 days.
There are a lot of TFI installations that are blamed on the unit itself but after investigation the problems that were thought to be the TFI causing them, most turned out to be improper installation or bad connections on the installers part.

Other companies should take a lesson from Dobeck on how to do business.

"What would cause it to run fine for awhile and then progressively get worse? "
Sometimes your guess would be as good as ours. As glider mentions sometimes dealing with electrical problems can be very confusing.

Please call in and mention your problem. Be sure to state you've already sent it in for warranty once and it supposedly checked out. This time around we'll just send you a new unit for replacement.

Back