free website stats program TFI "Situation".. Your input please | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI "Situation".. Your input please

Hi,

Well, just spoke to Chris at Doebeck who is an angel.

The second he heard my code P0261 he said "unit failure". New unit being shipped overnight tonight to me.

It just happens ..

Thank you ALL for your awesome input

So it was the connection!! I love it when I'm right!! hehe.

Glad you got the issue resolved. Dobeck is a good company and treat their customers right. Don't forget the Diaelectric grease when you install your new one.

So it was the connection!! I love it when I'm right!! hehe.

Glad you got the issue resolved. Dobeck is a good company and treat their customers right. Don't forget the Diaelectric grease when you install your new one.

Sorry......:bigsmiley18::lolrolling

I think it was the TFI box it's self.... Wiring can be cleaned and dried but Not Inside the unit box...

I remember one member saying "He was going to place the unit in a clear Loose fitting plastic baggie and do another seal on the bag where the wires came out"...

That TFI might of been a unit that allowed a little water INTO it.:(

I had a TFI on my 09 FLHR for a number of years and Never a problem in Wa. the WET Side of the state.

Can't say enough good about DOBECKS...

Thanks is never enough...:bigsmiley12:

signed....BUBBIE

Wondering where you had the unit mounted...maybe it got wet too & shorted??? I'm getting ready to swap my TFI w/new GEN3 & might look where wiring goes in/out of unit & maybe dab a little silicone in the area(s) to seal...

Dobeck is the best & even though the HD shop was trying to lean you toward HD tuner...I'd like to see them back-up their "after-market" tuner fails w/factual data...bet it's all here-say...IMO.

Sorry......:bigsmiley18::lolrolling

I think it was the TFI box it's self.... Wiring can be cleaned and dried but Not Inside the unit box...

I remember one member saying "He was going to place the unit in a clear Loose fitting plastic baggie and do another seal on the bag where the wires came out"...

That TFI might of been a unit that allowed a little water INTO it.:(

I had a TFI on my 09 FLHR for a number of years and Never a problem in Wa. the WET Side of the state.

Can't say enough good about DOBECKS...

Thanks is never enough...:bigsmiley12:

signed....BUBBIE

Yea, but the "connection" allowed access to the faulty TFI..get it!!! :)

Hi. I have the unit right under seat on top of where battery is.
WAP.gif

mounted my TFI under right side cover due to the amount of heat under seat from rear cylinder . have riden in rain so bad that it took a week to dry out the seat. you know its bad when the cops wont stop you for speeding

Back