free website stats program TFI "Situation".. Your input please | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI "Situation".. Your input please

Hi Hoole & Bubbie,

Only once or twice on my ride (day light went on) did I THINK I felt the engine stagger once or twice for an absolute millisecond.

I did the install and just plugged things in.. No resistors.

Bubbie. I will turn off the ETMI and rehook the TFI connectors. I recycled the manual sheet... but if Im not mistaken... doesnt really matter which plugs goes into which injector.

Red and white Front... will Work either way but the red/white to front IF THE ETM's OFF should not matter

My fear is engine failure on side of the rode...

IF that is a WORRY,,,,, You ONLY need to take OFF the TFI Ground wire and ALL will revert back to the HD stock settings...

The newer bikes Don't have or need the Plug on the o2 sensors...(my understanding)

I would Run it and Not worry about the problem. I can't answer for Dobecks BUT I do Help them Here on the forum.

Chris will probably respond as I sent him a link and a request to do so..

signed....BUBBIE

Just wanted to make this CLEAR...

You need Not remove all the Injector wires and put the HD ones back into place.....
IF the TFI ground is OFF,,,, IT uses the Harley stock settings to run on...
Nothing from the TFI will do any imput then... Only from the HD side.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks I understand.

Its just that the dealer disconnected the plugs and plugged them back to original state. I will in turn re-do install... and should something go wrong... I now know I just need to disconnect ground.
Thanks

I'm no expert with TFI's but without deadheading resistors installed I am not surprised at seeing P0131,P0134,P0151 codes. If it was my bike, I would install a pair of deadheading resistors (EGO-Elim-kit), reinstall your TFI, clean & Nyogel both injector connectors, clean and Nyogel both the system relay and fuse labeled "ECM" and see how it runs. I would almost bet that it won't throw any more codes. And if any codes did come back, they would be easy to track down.

Attachments

• O2_eliminator.pdf
    368.9 KB · Views: 17
I am however wondering.. Why did the EITM affect anything if it didnt activate ? I was riding Friday in horrific downpours... and Saturday was highway and COLD. I never idled other than at lights..

Also, Would the check engine light not just remain on ? It came on... vanished & reappeared 15 min later..

Tks

My thought is still the connection between the TFI and your bike. I'm betting you got a little water in there.

You've got Hoop and Bubbie involved, they are much more knowledgeable than I on these issues and I'm sure will have you squared away in no time.

My thought is still the connection between the TFI and your bike. I'm betting you got a little water in there.

You've got Hoop and Bubbie involved, they are much more knowledgeable than I on these issues and I'm sure will have you squared away in no time.

Are you kidding?

I thought YOU gave Very Good & correct statements and advice...

Hoople is Gold and I only rank silver:D
His vast electrical knowledge shows.:D

Your answers were good, so don't think you'll get away from THIS that easily:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

No, I do not.

Do you have a plug in the o2 wires?

I did see the ones that were made for the 2010 4 wire set-up.
(Click on Hooples link)

I would agree that they would be a needed plug IF you don't have two installed.

signed....BUBBIE

Hi,

Well, just spoke to Chris at Doebeck who is an angel.

The second he heard my code P0261 he said "unit failure". New unit being shipped overnight tonight to me.

It just happens ..

Thank you ALL for your awesome input

Back