free website stats program TFI Red Pot Setting - 2009 Touring | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Red Pot Setting - 2009 Touring

Update: Since the post above, I ran through 2 full tanks of gas (400+ miles or so). Both tanks right at 40 MPG, which made up of street and highway riding. So I'm happy. Plus, I feel I have the TFI tweaked just right (balance of MPG, power and heat).

Final Settings:
Green: 3:00
Yellow: 3:10
Red: 3:20
RPD: 4:00
Ride safe and have fun.

Grillfish, after reading your posts, I went to check my TFI settings. I am EXACTLY where you are at. :s Thanks for posting the settings.

So if u turn off 1st 3 pots its like not having a tfi ??.. or if u have the tfi installed u need to at least set green pot somewhere usely on 3.. Just wonderin ??

or if u turn 1-2-3 pots off but leave the 02 senors bypassed w/ plug, ecm never goes into closed loop. i wonder what fuel to air ratio would be??? at crusing......

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on this older thread I started.

Still very happy with the TFI. I have not changed my settings from my last post. Still getting around 40 MPG.

The odd thing, last weekend I was riding two up, temps close to 88%, I slowly accelerated from 2300 to 3300 RPMs and seemed like I got some pinging (sounds like marbles under the gas tank). This happended in 4/5th gear. Never happended before. I'm wondering if this is gas related (always use highest octane as I can, but in FL we mostly only have 10% Ethanol), but thought the ECM would adjust out ping.

Thoughts?

Update on this older thread I started.

Still very happy with the TFI. I have not changed my settings from my last post. Still getting around 40 MPG.

The odd thing, last weekend I was riding two up, temps close to 88%, I slowly accelerated from 2300 to 3300 RPMs and seemed like I got some pinging (sounds like marbles under the gas tank). This happended in 4/5th gear. Never happended before. I'm wondering if this is gas related (always use highest octane as I can, but in FL we mostly only have 10% Ethanol), but thought the ECM would adjust out ping.

Thoughts?

Even with All working right with todays gas, You are going to get some noise when the advance goes up on timing.
In my 2000 model book, it says it is NORMAL to hear a light noise like you describe and says not spark nock.

I haven't read it in my Newer bike book and not looking for it Today.. I'll PM you IF i find information in My model newer book.

I always shift down a gear to NOT hear any spark noise but I can't say I even hear the noise in my 09 flhr.

I would not worry about it.. If it bothers you, just shift down a gear and it should go away... The hotter it gets out the worse response from the gas of today..

signed....BUBBIE

I'll be posting new results from my recent V&H Dresser Duals and V&H Blackout 4" Rounds. Also using V&H V02 intak w/ stock cover. So far I did not change my settings that I had with my previous set up using V&H basic slipons, stock non-cat header and Big Sucker intake.

12/30/10 - I went for a short ride and the results:

Warmup - handlebars vribrated alot, but nothing out of the ordinary. Warmed up fine and went to idle in about 1-2 minutes.

Idle - Idled pretty smooth between 1K and 1100K.

I didn't do any hard pulls, just some normal driving around town with some open stetches of 40 mph. Today or this weekend, will do more tests w/ high speeds and more agressive runs.

MPG - Will fill up today and start tracking MPG going forward.

Ride safe and have fun.

Thanks GF - keep us posted on your results. My TFI could always use a little tweaking, but will have to wait for spring to test it out...

Well, 180% turn. Ended up purchasing a SESPT w/ Smart Tune. 20& off. I enjoy the dealer that I bought both bikes from and had them load a base map for me. Now It's time to start learning about EFI. Base map seemed ok, but the engine builder at the dealer gave me some good hints about Smart Tune, ideas on how to record the runs and then reflash the ECM. So this will be a work in progress.

I'll have some for sale items here soon, but weather is too nice to be instide so headingback out for a short ride. then tonight, I'll start reading the SEPST manual before I launch into Smart Tune.

Every have a safe and happy New Years!

Back