free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Thanks Glider!! :cheers

Is there a particular filter you would recommend, I've reviewed several posts and other information -- I don't need the antisiphon filters and the larger sized 30 micron size.
The Motorcycleinfo.Calsci.com site recommended these:
Purolator PL14476 / PL14477​
Mobil1 M1-102​
Bosch 3330​
Walmart Supertech ST4967 / 4386​

I would prefer NOT to spend $ at the local Stealorship if I can help it, but if you think it would be the best. The shop where I do most the work on my bike uses primarily HiFlo fliters - have you heard of these? (I have been using them since I bought the bike - have I done her a disservice? :sd )

I Really Appreciate you expertise and Help!! :bigsmiley11:

CatWoman ::rider

Nobody dislikes giving the dealer money more than I do but I recommend the HD filters because they were specked and made for the motor and not "adapted" to it like other companies do.

You'll find a noted difference in aftermarket oil filters in certain features as well as micron ratings and filter media and construction that fall short in most cases from the HD filters but if they look the same on the outside and listed "for use on HD engines" that doesn't make them as good as....

Please keep all conversations and questions on oils to the oil forum instead of posting them in the POLL threads.

The POLL threads are for gathering information on the products and not for discussions about the products themselves .

The OIL forum is for the questions and answers.

Oil - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

My 2007 Ultra had 5000 miles on it when I bought it. I changed all fluids as soon as I got it. Amsoil 20/50.:TEXAS

Bought a 2006 UC (SE engine) in June and changed to syn oil after 2000 km, bike runs cooler with less noise. Go figure eh!!!

Well, I am a new HD owner myself. My metric bikes oiled everything out of one hole. I put my HD on SYN3 on the 1000 mile service. I am hearing that some are not big fans of the Syn3. The 4 names that kept coming up are Mobil1, Spectro,Amsoil and Redline. Some of those are pretty tough to find around here. I can find Mobil1 at the AutoZone and Amsoil at the rice burner shop. I've never seen or heard of the others.
Wha are are the downfalls of the Syn3?

Back