free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
Bought my glide second hand with 19000 on her.Changed to syn oils at the 20,000 service.My only regret is the previous owner LOVED rev teck.I've found out thru this forum that stuff isnt the best.BUT, red line sure as shooting is rite there amongst the top ones,and thats whats in my love now.

my 91 sporty spun a cam bearing at 18k and the cams were badly worn. i blamed the hd oil ( 92 started oiling both sides of the cam case lol ) after a rebuild i got a case of belray . then found m1 for vtwins . been using synthetics ever since ,about 10yrs and lol havent spun any bearings ;-)

Dealer Switched Mine @ the 1000 Mile Service. Now That I Have A Service Manual It Won't Get Syn3 Ever Again.

Mark

Let's get an idea of those that are using synthetic oil in the engine just when you changed over to synthetic oil. It's not really that important what brand you used but how many miles you had when you put in the synthetic oil.

This should be interesting.
I wanted the rings to seat in well to reduce any chance of oil consumption, so I waited until 5,000 miles to retire the dino fluid...

Left dealer with 5.8 miles on her. Broke it in 30/60/30. Changed oil (hd 20/50), oil filter and transmission to spectro full synthetic for 6 speeds at about 150 miles. At 1000 miles went to mobil 1 full synthetic for v twins, spectro in tranny, hd f+ in primary.

Back