free website stats program Super Shox | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Shox

Interested in reading your review and how the shocks work for you.
My apologies for taking so long to respond. Work has been hectic. Anyway....

First I would like to say that the customer service from Supershox is SUPERB. Since I ordered direct from the manufacturer, mine we made to order. The owner and CEO, Brian Goscinski emailed me directly. I told him that I have a 2016 Roadglide Special, and that the roads here in Europe are quite bad. He emailed me back, and this is a copy and paste of his email:

""Super Shox are a great value for a 100% Made In America shock with race quality internal components that are backed by a lifetime guarantee. We are so confident in our product that we offer a 30 - day money back guarantee!
To get a set of Super Shox today you can contact one of our dealers listed at http://supershox.com/motorcycle-shocks-for-harley-davidson/where-to-buy/ or by calling us direct at 847-548-SHOX (7469) to place your order.
There are two options for you
The best option is the Premium Series 14" shock with 3-1/2" of travel which comes with the SR1-1076-1 relocation mount to get the ride height to what a 12" shock would be. Ride quality and comfort is absolutely amazing with these shocks and the best choice for long distance touring solo or 2-up. Total cost is $800.00 for the complete package.
A lower cost option would be the Premier Series mounts in the stock location and has a great ride. Small bumps in the road disappear and the big hits are greatly minimized, stability and control are much better giving you a greater sense of comfort. The cost for this set is $650.00
To get the most comfort and best ride the Premium is what you want. With the Premium Series you will not bottom out or feel little bumps in the road, they really are incredible shocks! The Premier Series has a great ride to just not as much travel. Either way the ride will be much better than what you have now it just comes down to cost vs the ultimate in ride quality?
Thank you for your service, as a gesture of appreciation there is a $50.00 discount for you off the prices shown.""

So I went with the Premium 14" setup. It took 2 weeks from the day I ordered to the day I received them. As you see in the last line of the email, he also cut me 50 dollars off for being active duty military.

The shocks arrived packaged well plain packaging aside from a sticker on the box. Inside was of course the shocks, instructions, the relocation kit, and a nifty preload chart. took all of about 10 minutes to completely install. They are 14 inch shocks with a relocation kit, which is basicly a small chunk of metal that goes in place where the lower shock bolt originally sits, and sets the new lower bolt location about an inch and a half rearward. So its a 14 inch shock, that makes the bike sit at the stock height like the stock 12 inch shocks do, but now you get more travel out of the shock, so more bump eating goodness. Now the meat n taters:

Just the way your bike rides on these shocks, set at the basic preload, is complete night and day. they are super cushy on the bumps, and still very responsive in curves. my bike just floats over the bumps and potholes in the road like nothing. cobblestone, which is everywhere here in Europe, is surprisingly smooth. Its almost like riding on a lounge chair lol. Once you dial these things in, they are absolutely perfect. One of the differences from the stock adjustables is that both shocks are fully adjustable, its not just one adjustable and the other a follower, not these both adjust. You can also notice a difference even at the half marks. I keep mine set at 3 for daily use. if I put some weight on the bike such as going to pick up some beer, bringing gear to work, etc, ill up it to 3.5. I haven't ridden 2 up yet so I can't yet speak on the feel or adjustments. These shocks make such a difference to the ride quality of the bike, that the stock front end suspension feels like crap to me. So now Ill need to find a front end replacement. Unfortunately, Supershox do not yet have a front end kit out. So I will be looking at others, but I can honestly say that these shocks change the ride quality so drastically it is insane. I will forever recommend these to anyone who asks. that's my review lol.

I cannot speak enough good things about them. Seriously. They half the price of Legend or Ohlin, and better quality shock. These are SUPERB and I recommend you all buy them! throw those progressives, legends, ohlins in the TRASH!

Glad to hear that you had a great experience all the way around! It isn't often that you get that kind of customer attention. :)

Thanks for the update, I also received an e-mail frlm him, very much the same, and plan on doing the same.
Only concern is, was a 6 pack, a case or keg?

Thanks for the review, but to suggest throwing Ohlins in the trash when you haven't ridden on them is way OTT; gotta call you on that one.:rolleyes: I do run a set of Ohlins on my '02 FLHT (124TQ/110HP) and can't imagine a better improvement; however, after such a rave review, this fall I might have to buy a set of Super Shox to compare with Ohlins based on your claim. I will post the results should I do that.

As for your front end, don't bother with any of the kits. A set of Racetech springs, Gold Valve Emulators, the right fork oil and preload will sort our your front end. You can call Racetech to get the right spring or use their online calculator and how to set up the emulators; very impressive results. The bike handles so much better that while adjusting to the new ride, I got myself in trouble on more than one occasion when riding the 700# bagger like I ride my 500# BMW R9T; had to learn how to properly ride the bagger all over again.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the review, but to suggest throwing Ohlins in the trash when you haven't ridden on them is way OTT; gotta call you on that one.:rolleyes: I do run a set of Ohlins on my '02 FLHT (124TQ/110HP) and can't imagine a better improvement; however, after such a rave review, this fall I might have to buy a set of Super Shox to compare with Ohlins based on your claim. I will post the results should I do that.

As for your front end, don't bother with any of the kits. A set of Racetech springs, Gold Valve Emulators, the right fork oil and preload will sort our your front end. You can call Racetech to get the right spring or use their online calculator and how to set up the emulators; very impressive results. The bike handles so much better that while adjusting to the new ride, I got myself in trouble on more than one occasion when riding the 700# bagger like I ride my 500# BMW R9T; had to learn how to properly ride the bagger all over again.;)
I have ridden a friends bike with Ohlins, I wasn't very impressed with the minimal improvement, the Supershox are so much more of an improvement. Even the cost to improvement ratio is far better with Supershox. I am now a believer, this is m first time with Supershox and Ill swear by them forever!

Thanks for the update, I also received an e-mail frlm him, very much the same, and plan on doing the same.
Only concern is, was a 6 pack, a case or keg?
Keg of course!

Glad to hear that you had a great experience all the way around! It isn't often that you get that kind of customer attention. :)
You work for Supershox?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ridden a friends bike with Ohlins, I wasn't very impressed with the minimal improvement, the Supershox are so much more of an improvement. Even the cost to improvement ratio is far better with Supershox. I am now a believer, this is m first time with Supershox and Ill swear by them forever!

Well, not interested in a debate and can't comment on the Ohlins you rode on since I don't know which Ohlins and whether or not they were set up properly. I can tell you that I know a handful of riders that have ridden on almost every shock out there for testing purposes and when properly setup, Ohlins win every time. There is small shop near my home that caters to knee draggers and competitive road racers and their choice of rear shocks (most are monoshocks so not a direct comparo) is Ohlins and Traxxion for the front. Cost to improvement ratio doesn't mean much to me; that's like saying spending $100/HP is good enough when you could have spent $125/HP and gotten everything the motor has to offer; flawed logic IMHO.

I would be working out solution for the front end though; it will take a little more time, effort and finesse than sorting out the rear and once sorted out; you may need to re-visit your rear shock settings to optimize the benefit. Keep the shiny side up.;)

Good to hear you like them, everyone has an opinion on shocks or whatever the topic is but the only one that really counts is yours. Keep us posted once you've had time to put some miles on.:)

You work for Supershox?

No, I am just glad to hear that someone still provides a great customer experience. More often than not, companies do not care about the customer...and sadly, not just the big companies any more; I am seeing it more and more with the mom & pop / smaller businesses.

Back