Super Shox

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bogiediver, May 24, 2016.

1. rusntx

rusntx Junior Member

I agree dbmg I looked at pricing too. Same ball park. May be a nice option for those considering a change.

2. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

3. RibEye

RibEye Senior Member

Nice write-up. Too rich for my blood, though.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

4. dolt

dolt Senior Member

Progressive shocks are not in the same league with the Ohlins; huge difference in performance.

5. bogiediver

bogiediver Member

FWIW

Just posted the 25,000 mile follow up and an intro to the new Shox recently released.

www.bogiesreviews.webs.com
    No sign up, no ads, just info

6. dolt

dolt Senior Member

Thanks for the update. If you have had the occasion to ride on some Ohlins, how would you compare them to the Super Shox?

7. bogiediver

bogiediver Member

I have not ridden Ohlins.

Have limited experience with:
    - Progressive (don't recall the specific model except it was for a '11 Limited) that I returned, not feeling there was enough difference from the air shocks to justify the price
    - Harley stock premium adjustable shocks, that replaced the air shocks, when riding a service loaner

IMHO - neither was close to the ride the original Super Shox deliver, and the new 14" Shox are even better.

FWIW

8. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

I know this is an older thread, but I just ordered a set of supershox and I will be posting my opinions on here once I've ridden them a bit. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

9. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

Update:
    I received an E-mail that my Supershox premium 14" SR-1 have been shipped. I'm in Europe so it will probably be about a week or more til I get them. But I will be taking photos and video, and posting my thoughts on them.

Joyflyin likes this.
  10. RickSG3

RickSG3 New Member

Interested in reading your review and how the shocks work for you.

Nikko684 likes this.