free website stats program Stranded Biker Buster | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stranded Biker Buster

I have a trailer and a garage, plus a dealer 4 miles away, and one 10 miles away.

I'd be willing to help in the central NJ area.

Sounds like a great idea i myself am will to help out anyone i can that gets into problems in my part of scotland
However having a list of telephone numbers covering specific areas could leave the owner of the telephone numbers open to abuse by spammers and cold callers if there numbers were available on the site
As we try to look after the personal security of all forum members it would be very difficult to manage with good security for forum personell
Perhaps the best method to have assistance on any trip would be to pre advertise your trip on the site and ask any prospective assisters to pm you their contact details
If you leave a telephone number visable in a post the moderators will remove it

Brian

I like this idea. Post your route prior to leaving, anyone interested in being an 'emergency assistant' could then PM their contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoever sets this up is going to work his butt off !! should get a gold star......... sign me up for RA in southeast tx. lots of time and stuff..........bw

I like this idea. Post your route prior to leaving, anyone interested in being an 'emergency assistant' could then PM their contact information.

Exactly what I was thinking Duece. I am willing to put a spreadsheet together of all who have responded, where they are located, and make note of what assistance they are willing to offer (I like the offer for beer!). Then post it here, and update it about every other month or so (more or less if necessary).

Just brainstorming....the members can keep the spreadsheet as a quick reference. If you are just out riding perhaps several members who are local to each other can exchange phone numbers (by PM of course) and have a trusted forum member to rely on in an emergency.

If your planning a road trip, post your route, then PM the forum members whose area you will be passing through along the way and let them know when you plan on being there and if they will be available to help if needed. Even if you don't arrange this beforehand, and you become stranded, having the names of the member you can PM may be a lifesaver.

I can tell you from experience this works. When my brother and I went from Galveston, TX to Key West, FL in November '09, the shift inkage on my 2006 EGC broke in Mobile, Al on the way back on a Sunday afternoon. I had the phone number of a member who lives in Slidell, LA, he had read about my road trip and PM'ed me in the event I needed help. I called him from Mobile and he suggested that if I could make it 60 more miles down the road they had a great dealer who would take care of me. I did some temporary roadside repairs and rigged that poor gearshift up and made it to Slidell. The next day, the great guys at Mike Bruno's Northshore Harley Davidson, replaced the shift linkage, the shaft, and the heal shifter. They only charged me cost (no mark-up) for the shaft, the linkage, and 1/2 hour labor (took them 1-1/2 hours). Thay were proud to help stranded bikers and said so!

Anyway....if I hadn't had that phone number I might still be in Mobile.

Big Task, Thanks Gas Gauge, oh too many capitals sorry boss:p

Back