free website stats program Stebel Nautilus Air Horn | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stebel Nautilus Air Horn

gmurdoc, now you tell me. Got one for the wife's trike put it on and (in the garage) lit it up. Holy moly it got my attention in a hurry.

Mav, which one did you get, the $150 or $50?. I am looking for one too, the one that the cagers with cell phone will hear it.

I paid 43.00 for it at one of those aftermarket shops that cater mostly to metric bikes. At that price I also got the wiring harness. Harley wanted almost 70.00 for the same horn. It isn't all chrome and is sorta ugly hanging there, but I don't have a garage queen and want the safety. You can't beat the price. I am trying to modify the cow bell right now. If I can make it fit, I will post pix. Come to think of it, I will post a pix either way.

Ok, here are a couple of pix. The first is the horn installed on the bike, right outta the box. For the second pix I went to the Lakeland HD shop and bought one of those "Harley Davidson" gas cap inserts. It came with double sided sticky tape. I affixed it on top of the compressor to cover up the ugly. I think it looks much better. Didn't have time to install the horn back on the bike because I still gotta cut the mounting bracket down a little. I will mount the horn today after work and take another photo. Like I said, this horn is LOUD...I would prefer the trumpet style, but for 43.00, I couldn't turn this down. Ride safe.

Attachments

• Photo_101209_001.jpg
    Photo_101209_001.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo_101409_001.jpg
    Photo_101409_001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 96
That is the horn I have installed on both of our bikes.... I looked around for several months until I finally found this one. It looks great on the bike and louder that all the other ones.... Not any bigger that the cow bell cover on the factory horn

did you get the cowbell to fit over the horn?? if so, how? were you able to seperate the horn from the compressor??

No couldn't get the cowbell to fit over horn. butchered it up real good then threw it away. I noticed this morning on the way to work, there is a delay between pushing the button and the air horn sounding...it's quite substantaial..a few times I had to repeatedly press the button to get the horn to work..any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a bad contact in the horn button or maybe not enough copper in the wire to operate it properly. Try an additional 14 gauge wire straight from the battery to the horn feed and see if it makes a difference indicating not enough wire size in the stock harness to operate it properly.

Remember also that it is a compressor motor that has to start to build the air to blow the horn.

Sure hope you did not eat up your horn button contacts trying to swing that much amperage. Looking at my '09 horn schematic, there is no horn relay and the horn button swings all the current directly.

Like Kemo said earlier,, Install the relay that came in the Kit . Hope your button is not toast.

Back