free website stats program Stebel Nautilus Air Horn | Harley Davidson Forums

Stebel Nautilus Air Horn

Mavagrand

Just installed one of these on my 08 EGC. Funny thing, it was a direct replacement for my stock horn. Granted it doesn't fit under the cow bell and is somewhat ugly, but man this thing is LOUD. Gonna wake up them cagers in Orlando with this thing. One question, it came with a 30 amp relay. Not real savvy with electrical stuff. I plugged it into the existing wiring, and she works just fine. I would like to use the stock/factory wiring that was on the old horn, do I need to install this 30 amp relay??

Yep you should use that relay if you don't want to replace the horn switch. The horn switch is not heavy enough to start and run that air compreesor. You will get away with it for a while but will eventualy it will fry the switch. You might even notice that the air horn will be louder with good wiring and connections.
lemo

Hey glad I can help ya brother. On my bike (2000 E/G) under the seat next to the battery there is an extra spot to mount the relay. Mount it here and it will be a safe dry location.
kemo

Good horn, good price, easy to mount. Great combination and loud as blazes, too.

bought me a set of air horns today... got ones that said 110 db The others said 135 db. May should have got them but they were not chrome. :cheers

Mav, which one did you get, the $150 or $50?. I am looking for one too, the one that the cagers with cell phone will hear it.

I had one on my past 2 bikes. Been thinking about getting one for my SG. They are loud. Don't try one in the garage.

Back