free website stats program Starter Engaging on it's Own!!? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter Engaging on it's Own!!?

He said I was charged because there was no problem with the bike. Words cannot describe my disapointment and embarassement.

Disappointment I can understand. But why the embarrassment. You saw the problem happen. You know a problem exists.

The dealership should be the one who is embarrassed because they can't think through a problem that doesn't have an error code or a DTC. Think about that. Unless it happens to fail right in front of their eyes,, they are lost without a clue.

He said I was charged because there was no problem with the bike. Words cannot describe my disapointment and embarassement.

You had a legitimate problem and probably still do, you should not be embarrassed , they will be when the problem rears its ugly head again and they HAVE to fix it

Appointment is being arranged with another HD dealership for next week. When the problem is found, I should get may $110.00 back. I'm thiking of calling Deeley Canada to complain (I got the phone number from HD headquarters). I think most of the blame goes to how the dealership is run. I don't want all blame going to some working dude fall guy. On the upside the bike is nice & clean again.

Appointment is being arranged with another HD dealership for next week. When the problem is found, I should get may $110.00 back. I'm thiking of calling Deeley Canada to complain (I got the phone number from HD headquarters). I think most of the blame goes to how the dealership is run. I don't want all blame going to some working dude fall guy. On the upside the bike is nice & clean again.

You might want to consider making a post in this thread:

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. - Harley Davidson Community

Well the service manager from another dealership called me. They will pick up the bike and deliver it back without charge. There is a delay in picking up the bike due to shop personell presently in training regarding the HDlan/BCM features on the new Dyna's. No recall was mentioned. She seemed sincere in the interest about this very problem, as it seems to be a first.
Anyways they are being up front about all this process. I don't know if I would call the original dealership bad (Trev Deeley) as it has been good to me, and has a good rep. It is the oldest HD dealership in Canada. However, Trev has been gone for some years now, and none of the Deeley family is involved directly in the business, so the place has become very corporate. Not as much heart. The staff is always very nice and treat me great. They are profesional, but friendly and they always remember my name.
I will keep yáll abreast as the situation develops.

Well the service manager from another dealership called me. They will pick up the bike and deliver it back without charge. There is a delay in picking up the bike due to shop personell presently in training regarding the HDlan/BCM features on the new Dyna's. No recall was mentioned. She seemed sincere in the interest about this very problem, as it seems to be a first.
Anyways they are being up front about all this process. I don't know if I would call the original dealership bad (Trev Deeley) as it has been good to me, and has a good rep. It is the oldest HD dealership in Canada. However, Trev has been gone for some years now, and none of the Deeley family is involved directly in the business, so the place has become very corporate. Not as much heart. The staff is always very nice and treat me great. They are profesional, but friendly and they always remember my name.
I will keep yáll abreast as the situation develops.

Good Deal, you should contact the MOCO about the other incident and get a refund, it is not your fault they could not or would not replicate your problem when you had a legitimate concern, I have called in on dealers before and would not hesitate again Good Luck:s

The dealership called, and have found the problem. The first thing they did was check for codes, and there were none. The problem existed on the start button on the handlebar. A squashed wire touching other wires. fixed. However, being that a thorough tech was on the bike, he checked out the starter assembly for damage. There was some damage to the starter clutch assembly, and some nicks to the starter clutch ring. So now the parts need to be tracked down. In the end it is all warrenty. No cost to me at all, including pick up and delivery. I like this dealership. Steve Drain HD in Victoria BC Canada (on Vancouver Island) Now to get my $110.00 from the dealership in Vancouver...

The dealership called, and have found the problem. The first thing they did was check for codes, and there were none. The problem existed on the start button on the handlebar. A squashed wire touching other wires. fixed. However, being that a thorough tech was on the bike, he checked out the starter assembly for damage. There was some damage to the starter clutch assembly, and some nicks to the starter clutch ring. So now the parts need to be tracked down. In the end it is all warrenty. No cost to me at all, including pick up and delivery. I like this dealership. Steve Drain HD in Victoria BC Canada (on Vancouver Island) Now to get my $110.00 from the dealership in Vancouver...

Good for you, your refund may come from the MOCO like a coupon good at any dealer, tho I would prefer cash:s

Hi Glider - yup stock switches. The manager mentioned "at the factory" which did not make me feel any better...

Back