free website stats program Stage 1 is it worth it? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 is it worth it?

Boys and girls, I now have proof positive that the stage-1 with TFI was a great investment. I took the RK, two-up, up our local mountain here in Tucson, Mt. Lemmon (about 30 miles to the top). I normally do not run such gear ratios and rpms, but I wanted to see if she would complain. For brief periods, I just left her in 4th to see how she would pull. There was a couple of times that we got down to 1200 or 1300 rpm. I did not keep her there long. She did not complain a bit. She just pulled. Now I know what stump-pulling power is. Boy I can only imagine what she will do when I put in the Andrews 26N cams.

Folks I will be picking bugs out of my choppers for days. I am tickled pink over here.

Now I gotta replace the primary mainshaft and starter jackshaft lip-seals. She is leaking already, at 17K miles.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Is a stage 1 worth it?Yes,certainly.

I've fitted a Johnson Engine Technology air filter,S.E II slip-ons and a Thundermax with autotune to my 2008 Deluxe.One of my brothers has an absolutely standard 105th anniversary Fatboy.In 3rd gear roll-on comparison tests,mine pulls away easily.This continues through 4th and 5th gear also.I hate to say it,but i'm heavier too.:(

At the risk of putting a curse on it,my bike is really running great.Crisp sound,good throttle response,good fuel economy,cooler running and that lovely mechanical feeling when everything's in harmony.

Back