free website stats program Sportster XL1200N? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster XL1200N?

No forward controls. Thought about it but with the handlebar set-up and the styling it doesn't seem workable. I have had nothing but problems with mine anyway. Dealer claims the battery was bad, I disagree and as of this morning, (won't start AGAIN!!), I am right. Haven't got much more than 110 miles on her in 3 weeks. She has been in the shop 4 times already. I'm PISSED!:mad:

My dealerships service dept. can't see 'GREEN" corrosion all over the fuse block and "caked" under and on the two relays. BET THAT IS THE PROBLEM. The uncaring "Service Manager", (HA HA HA!), will now "try" to come pick her up Sat. Morn. These guys suck!!!
I am no genious but I have more knowledge than this shop.:eek:

I just recently (March 10) bought the 1200N. I have yet to ride it but I have started it several times. As of right now I love it and I hope it is all I dreamed it would be. I was browsing the HD websit when I saw it and knewI had to have one. This is my first bike and I hope it gives me several years of riding.

Not too disrespect anyone's ride, but too be honest I was not impressed by the 1200N. It's basicaly a 1200R lowered with less bells and whistles and 4 too 5 grand more money.

You could with a little time, get the same look and feel with a 1200R and still have some cash in pocket when done.

Again, no disrespect intended for those who ride them. It's your life, ride what you want. And if it makes you happy good!

Comparing the 1200R to the 1200N is like comparing apples to crabapples. The nightster is more stable, agile, lighter and quicker. Go to the dealership and ride them both. No comparison.:eek:

I just ordered an xl1200n from my local dealer in the silver and black two tone. It won't arrive until the beginning of April though. In the meantime they ordered the forward controls and are sending them two the powder coater so that they will be black and match the bike. For anyone that has one already, how does it sound exhaust wise stock.
way to quiet for me! mine is silver and black but it need's to sound like a harley.

No forward controls. Thought about it but with the handlebar set-up and the styling it doesn't seem workable. I have had nothing but problems with mine anyway. Dealer claims the battery was bad, I disagree and as of this morning, (won't start AGAIN!!), I am right. Haven't got much more than 110 miles on her in 3 weeks. She has been in the shop 4 times already. I'm PISSED!:mad:
I have noticed some complaint's about corosion on the nightster's battery and such. i have not really had much of a problem with this although i have removed all the fuses and battery cables and applied electrical grease i think the folk's with the problem's are living along the coast's with all that salty air. great bike... todd from mich.

I would like to know if anyone here has had the chance to ride the Nightster yet? This is one bad looking bike. I am really close to buying one, as it is affordable, loud and low. Any input would be appreciated as this will be not only my first Harley, but my first bike!

Thanks,

L0W R1D3R

I toke one for a rip on demo days. Not a bad little bike, pretty torquey, handles nice but I still like my XL1200C

Update on my scoot. Installed saddlebags and matching toolbag on forks. Replaced all the places that the "Flames" collection pieces that are availble, (except the derby cover, waiting till forward controls are on). Put on "spit fire" windshield, new long stem mirrors so I can see because the stock ones are for toothpicks. Can't wait to install the forward controls when the come next week. I spent alot of time looking for the best price and good looking/performing ones. The Harley ones are "UGLY" and "WAY" to expensive. I got mine $277 and change with shipping to my front door. I kept getting cramps, I have a hip replacement and I need the comfort. Trixie LOOKS GREAT...and rides better every day. I get more questions regarding her the more she's seen.:D

P.S. Forgot to add chrome fender rack.

Last edited:
I have had my silver/black Nightster for about 2 months now and love it! I had the dealer install D&D slash cut pipes, stage one screeming eagle deep breather air intake and forward controls (yes the ECM needed remapping). The bike is torky and sounds great. My only real headache so far is, I have not yet found any good saddlebags that don't require relocation of the taillights to the rear fender (yuck!). Maybe the bike is so new, nobody has designed anything for it. Any ideas?

~owajee

Last edited:
Back