free website stats program sportster on a road trip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

sportster on a road trip

Did the Myrtle Beach trip in 08. 1300 miles round trip, two of the days were about 375 miles. All you need is a comfy seat, you'll be stopping every 2 hrs for gas anyway, Get on it and go....

I just rode my '06 1200 to Phoenix from LA and back over Christmas with my "hubby", Craig Lee on his Street Glide. About 400 miles each way. My LePera seat served me well! I stopped to stretch about every 100 miles and had a blast! We cruised between 80 - 90 mph out in the desert and she felt great! I'm going to look into getting a heated vest & gloves though. It was bitter cold through parts of the desert. I couldn't wear enough layers to keep me warm enough. Other than that... I was cumfy and my Sporty is definitely powerful enough for a "long ride". I can't wait 'til the next one!

Back in 08, wife and I rode about 150 miles the 1st day and 370 miles the 2nd day on our Sporters. She had a Low and I had a Roadster. We both had the sundowner seats or I don't think we would have been able to travel nearly that far. The 150 miles was nothing, but after the 2nd day and 370 miles we were both pretty sore. Sporty's have plenty of power and we both had HD windhsileds and I had a set of detachable bags so we stayed overnight in Minnesota the first night out. Overall it was a great trip. Honestly though, others may disagree, but 370 miles a day on any bike (including a bagger) can be tiring. Give it a try and just take a good stretching break every hour or so and you will be fine. Have Fun!:D

Back in 88, I used to go 700 plus in a day on my 87 sporty, I'd ride home on the weekends to see my girlfriend. Long haul.....very sore hinder but well worth it IMO. Now, the wife and I do 900 plus in a day on the Ultra and the next mornin' we're ready for more.

The sporty will take it! Rode my 883 coast to coast and then some on a road trip last year, 7,446 miles from home to back home. Think the farthest traveled day was in vicinity of 750 miles. Bike ran like a champ, could go 80 all day long. Like some have told you just get a comfortable seat and GO. You can have a ball! Ride safe.

05 XL1200C w/stock seat = ~200 miles

05 XL1200C w/Mustang seat = ~400 miles

My sporty rode well & could've lasted longer w/either seat, but the Mustang was a definite improvement. Take breaks (every 100 miles or so) & you'll be fine.

The Misses rode her 883 after the break in period 378 miles in a day. She said she felt great afterwards. I was pretty proud of her.

if you know anyone looking for a good 883xl let me know, mines for sale for what i owe, $3500.00 firm i have a roadking now and have no need for it.

Back