free website stats program sportster on a road trip | Harley Davidson Forums

sportster on a road trip

JPHOG

I was thinking about taking a five hour trip on my 09 sporty,Just wondering how far you guys have rode your sportys on a road trip? Thanks for your input.

if its comfy for you, you'll have no prob, i rode mine for 2.5 hours and it was little uncomfy for me but i'm 6'2" tall.
and i was on a 2000 883 xl at the time.

I've done coast to coast two up many times on my old 66, 68 & 72 XL's, there's no limit on sporsters, it's not like a ultra when you can drive 700 miles in one day, get off and play a game of base ball afterwards, but it's just as much fun. Have a good ride.

I went on an 11 day ride going 3600 miles.

One of the riders had a 883 Sporty. She did real fine. I think she did better when she found out about these little things called Crampbusters tho.

As long as your diggin the ride...ride on man...ride on.

Like Dlao my personal best is around 500 miles round trip in one day...went up to Laguna Seca saw the race on Sunday and came back...I was bushed but the bike was raring to go some more.:newsmile047:

im just out of melbourne and i ride to adelaide once a month to catch up with family which is a 8-9hr ride each way leaving friday and coming back sunday in total 16hrs in the saddle my tip is make sure your seats comfortable and have a backrest. oh and make sure your bikes in good mechanical condition cos theres nothing worse than sitting on the side of the road waiting for help:) apart from that have fun

My Missus has Nightster and she was fine going liverpool to france with a hour an half break for ferry crossing from Dover,which is a 5hr trip alone,then another 3hrs in france,u will be fine..

I took my '08 883 from MD to Jersey and back on many weekend trips, approx. 250 miles each way. Did the job, but was I ready for a beer at the end of the ride.

Ive done about 350 miles in 1 day on the sportster and wife was with me on her sportster
take a wee break and stretch your legs when you stop for fuel and youll be fine

Brian

Back