free website stats program Split vision mirror FEEDBACK ? as a passenger | Harley Davidson Forums

Split vision mirror FEEDBACK ? as a passenger

For those using the Harley 92190-06 mirror
Split Vision Mirrors | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

My wife would like me to add these to my 09 Ultra Classic with hopes as a passenger she can see the cagers sneaking up on her. Does this mirror allow the passenger some view of approaching traffic from the rear?
Dave

Haven't seen anything on the pasenger being able to see out of these mirrors. Why don't you cut a small slot in her helmet so she can use the eyes in the back of her head, you know the ones that allow all wives and girlfriends to catch us when we do things we shouldn't.:s

Davepa, though the spots on the side are pretty large, I would think the passenger would have a "tough" time seeing them from that far back... 'course HDDon is right, our wives and girlfriends have better eyes and ears then we are led to believe.:s

I also agree with the eyes in the back of the head!!!! But that aside buy her a pair those small mirrors that the cycle riders wear an attach them to her helment,cheapper than the split mirrors.:eam

Never heard of a back seat driver on a motorcycle!:) However, you may try adjusting one of your mirrors on the bike while she is in the passengers seat until she can see behind her. I don't think it'll work because the mirror probably is not high enough off the bars..... Of course, you've probably tried this already.

To clarify my wife would like to see more around her. Sitting behind and a bit below me she has a good view of the back of my helmet. She was hoping with a different mirror she would enjoy the ride more being able to some to the side and rear. She is not wanting to do the driving for me just a better view in general without the need to lean way to the side to see something other than a helmet.

To clarify my wife would like to see more around her. Sitting behind and a bit below me she has a good view of the back of my helmet. She was hoping with a different mirror she would enjoy the ride more being able to some to the side and rear. She is not wanting to do the driving for me just a better view in general without the need to lean way to the side to see something other than a helmet.
Might try some type of gel pad or pillow to raise her up. Or maybe have more padding installed in rear of seat. I have the same problem on my 2008. My wife has a hard time also. The mirrors might be uncomfortable and distracting.

How about 2 stick on oval mirrors ,,one on each rear quarter of your helmet,,,then she could see all around with out looking back :panic

Back