free website stats program speedo light staying on? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

speedo light staying on?

If you have a 12 volt tester, locate the hot lead on the switch and disconnect it to see if the light goes out.

If you have a factory manual, there's wiring diagrams in there to show you the wire colors on the switch. If not, you should entertain the thought of getting one.

If you go back and read the post by Hoople it looks like you have isolated the problem to the ignition switch. Before you buy a new one you might check out the socket that the relay is in. You mentioned that you had corosion there and it may have migrated in the socket and you have a connection between two of the post.

Yes i have found some signs of corosion.Would putting dielectric grease on the fuses and relays help for the inside too?Signs inside the plugins

I took and put the dielectric grease on all the fuses.I ran the bike for a few mins.When i shut it down all the lights went out(yeah)I tried this a few times and all was good .I thought i had the problem solved until i took the key out ,a few seconds and the light came back on.So is the problem the ignition switch??????

I'm sure there could be other issues, but my bet is on the switch.

Back