free website stats program Some day he'll get a Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some day he'll get a Harley

Never owned one but rode a 750 chopped, it had a lot of snuff:)

+1 on the snuff. My Heritage will leave the CB750 at the light, torque I'm sure, but once the CB750 spools up the RPM's it blows right by me. Another thing I noticed is how high the center of gravity is on the CB750, not like todays Harleys which are easier to balance.

Well my son went the rice route for his first bike, but I have to say I like his taste. 1979 Honda CB750. First year for the double overhead cam. It's pretty sweet....however I know after riding my Heritage that some day.....

I know this isn't a Honda forum but as we all know we had to start somewhere.

I purchased my first Harley at age 63 in December 09. Bought a new 09 Deluxe in Turquoise and antique white. The best looking bike Harley makes. Just my opinion! Anyhow my first bike was a 150 Dream and then a 305 Honda Super Hawk that I wish I still had. Kind of like we wish we could relive our first love. Will never get rid of my Harley, it hits all the right buttons.

Not good at posting pictures but if you can lay your hands on The Harley Davidson Motor Company An OfficialEighty Year History, page262 you will see a picture of a 1966X 1000 it was a fore runner of the 750 Honda but Harley chose to never produce it signed...Capital Jack:)

Jack, are you talking about the Italian made Harley Aermacchi Sprint...?

tn158s3.jpg

Last edited:
Mate,i have great memories of that bike and it's ilk.It was called the 750 kz over here,and came with the Comstar wheels.My brother-in-law had one of these and i bought the 900cc sports version-the CB900FA.That DOHC 16 valve engine was a rocket and had good longevity.We had the shim kit,the shim tool and a set of vacuum gauges to set up the carbs.We both loved those bikes.

He traded his for a CB1100F and i traded mine for a car.Son number one came along,and was way more than a fair swap.:)

Good luck to your son.

Wow man....seeing this bike brings back some memories. I had the same model for my first scoot only mine was red. Bought it in Clarksville, Tennessee when my family was stationed at Ft. Campbell. Only mine ended up as a static display in my neighbors brick wall at the end of his driveway. Long story but was a good bike when the front was attached to it:newsmile100:

Jack, are you talking about the Italian made Harley Aermacchi Sprint...?

tn158s3.jpg

No NEWHDFAN, the bike im talking about even looked like a 750 Honda Ill bet Smitty can post the pic Im not puter savy but the pic is in the book I have and I know the library has a copy of it, lots of very good pics and info in it :)

I still have a 1974 Honda 750 inline four cylinder that I bought new with 12000 miles on it, all put on by me. Had many offers to buy it but I won't part with it, only thing I have that's paid for LOL. I'm sure my Heritage couldn't keep up but I like the Harley better. The Honda was an awesome bike when it came out. I also own a 550 Four the same year and color, they only had one color each year.

Back