free website stats program So what living thang or thangs have you ran into-- and at what mph? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So what living thang or thangs have you ran into-- and at what mph?

Baby ducks go "pop" kinda like a balloon:( YUK!

Big turtles on the other hand are dangerous...the sun was just starting to go down, ya know...

when the shadows start getting real long...

anyway there I was in Nebraska of all places, where the roads go straight for about 3 days...singing "Oh, Susanna" at the top of my lungs (just because it'd been such a great day, after 3 straight days of rain!) and coming out of one of the ONLY curves in the road and right in the middle of the road it looks like a rock...

The front wheel came off the ground and I felt the bike twist, it's funny but my reaction was to jerk the handle bars straight, I didn't even think about it...I just about wet myself but I didn't drop it.

When I got the bike pulled over my friend Dave who was behind me said that I took about 20 years off his life and it took about 45 minutes for me to stop shaking and freaking out about the turtle guts on my jeans & boots.:p

Haven't run into or over anything yet. However, came awfully close to a porcupine, 2 coyotes, and 3 deer on my ride to Sturgis.

well--this dont qualify as something i ran over,, but a reasonably good story nonethe less. so im ridin down to daytona as i do ever yr for the rally and i'm following a tractor trailer towing a muddy bulldozer on at lowboy flatbed. we're toolin along at about 75 mph-- yea-- he was rollin pretty good-- we being down around jeckel island area lower georgia i-95,, and im thinkin-- now i need to get round this guy-- traffics real heavy cuz sooner or later he's gonna sling some jive off that dozer----- wellllllllllllllll--- bout that time a rock flys off bout the size of a quarter bouces off the inter state and comes right at me-- oh yea-- just like that-- im thinkin i got a 3,500 paint job on my new 6 gallon tanks and this is gonna be real bad. wellllllllllllllllllllllllll --- the rock hits my leg bout an inch below the knee cap-- no kiddin bout took me off the bike-- an unusually hard hit. i bet that leg was sore for 3 days-- no doubt in my mind it'd messed up the right tank if it had hit it................................

LOL well i took an owl out one time flew right into my engine ,,but the one i laugh at is when i was in A certain city a few years back , you know those 4 lanes with the divider in the center ,,, i was riding with a female who hasnt been on a bike b4 so she wasstiff as aboard on the back , was ridin up this 4 lane strtch and standin on the divider was a person i was maybe 200 yards away all of a sudden he steps into traffic so i let go the throttle the bike backfires as i decelerate and he steps back on the divider know im maybe 100 yards away so i give her throttle again . he comes straight out in front of me again so i switch lanes i go from lane 4 to lane 3-2 he just runs right out in front of me and BAM :D:D:D clipped his leg with the front tire sent him rollin into the curb .. I haul in to check on my bike as you would :D:D:D, then him i knocked him outta his sneakers lol ,,some pedestrian call the cops as the guy is bleedin on the curb they go talk to him moments later hes being cuffed :D:D the cops tell me thanks he had a canada wide warrant out for his arrest :D:D:D that was my biggest object

Hit a bird with my mirror runnin about 60 mph, came real close to a deer a few weeks back, that one had me a little shook up after words but i ride on...

Hit a large Groundhog at 35mph. Seen it in the road, but thought it was dead. Moved over so as not to hit it and it JUMP UP and ran right under my wheels. No time to react. Came through OK, but the 900 pound Ultra put the groundhog in groundhog heaven.

My scariest animal story happened in the late 60's in my Triumph TR-3. I was heading down this side road which bordered a golf course. I had travelled this road millions of times. At one point, there was a small bridge that elevated the roadway just enough so that you couldn't see the road bed on the other side. As I crested that small bridge at about 75 or 80 there, in front of me was what appeared , at first, to be the worlds' racoon population. I mean there had to be at least 30 of them. Now if you recall, those TR-3's weren't exactl;y known for their ground clearance. I hit those buggers, and it was like watching a pro bowlers event! Racoons flying everywhere! The Triumph came through without a scratch.....Lot's of racoon fur, but not a scratch!

I assume you now fly a racoon tail on you scoot :lolrolling

For as many deer as we have in Ms I'm lucky I haven't hit one. But I have hit, a rabbit (30mph), squirel (50 mph) and came close to a skunk one time..........glad it was just a close call on that one.

I didn't miss the skunk! But his business end didn't get me. Musta happened too quick.:D Caught a red bird in the chest at about 45 mph. Several snakes unless I can avoid them plus the above mentioned. Had to dodge a Sandhill Crane on the coast one time.. he was in the air.

Hail.....freakin Hail!..riding "Angel Fire " in New Mexico...hit a hail storm in the mountains...no where to pull off ...cars coming both directions..its seem like it lasted a hour...but maybe 15 minutes..i swore i was gettin shot with buck shot...was about half the size of a golf ball....when all was said and done ..look like my wife had beat the you know what outta me...she was smart she had a shield on her helmet..I did not..and sunglasses ain't so cool lookin in a hail storm

Me 'n a buddy were riding on US1 thru the Okefanokee in E. GA one afternoon in the early '90's. We interrupted a couple of turkey buzzards havin' lunch on the left lane. Bein' from FL, I know how suicidal they are and slowed up a bit. Just when it looked like they was gonna watch us pass, my buddy (behind me) honks his air horn. Well, they decided to boogie, but the one that came my way had had a LARGE lunch and didn't launch too good. I ducked and caught him with my right handlebar and windshield. We pulled off to asses the damage, I was dry heavin' from the feathers, guts and "lunch" he left when the deputy pulls up and asks "what you boys up to"? I told him what happened, a little cosmetic damage to my mirror, we're ok, no problem sir.
BUZZARD? he says,, "you know they a protected species round here"? I thought he was gonna write me one, but the bird had crawled into the bushes, so no evidence. Moral; Don't honk at buzzards having lunch.

Back