free website stats program Slip-ons versus Full pipes | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-ons versus Full pipes

Did you Dyno tune your street bob or just use the generic map on the SERT? What kind of performance increase did you notice?

I had an unfair advantage. I know a dyno tech from the other side of the country that emailed me the parameters to modify the base map. I've never had the bike on a dyno which saved me some coin which I used to buy a Danny Gray Speed Cradle Solo seat. When I get it wound up to around 4K rpm it feels like I'm gonna slide off the back of the stock seat. So, I bought the Danny Gray to keep me locked in place....and it works. I have the mini apes, no windshield, and forward controls so I can only get so low on the bike......but I ran it up over 110 mph in 4th gear a few weeks ago and easily ran up to 117 in a 6th gear roll-on until traffic put a stop to that. I would like to put it on a dyno at some point just to see what kind of numbers I'm getting. I had a DFO on the bike before and no matter how good it was tuned in........it would get weird now and then.....usually with atmospheric changes. Now, with the SEST, it runs like a muther and it never gets weird.

So I finished the Stage 1. I bought a used set of Khrome Werks HP slip-ons in excellent condition from a forum member and put them on myself. I had the dealer put on the Ventilator AC and load the map from the SERT I purchased. They only charged me $85. for the labor.

The bike has noticeably more pull in the upper RPM's, plus it now can go to 6200 RPM. Down low it feels pretty much the same in power but it responds quicker.

The sounds of the pipes are very nice and low, I love the tone, however they may be too loud for my taste. They seem to pound my right ear after 30 min of riding. I might look for a different option with less decibels.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with it. I got the power where I wanted it, on top and like the AC look much better than stock.

Attachments

• FB1.jpg
    FB1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 22
  • FB2.jpg
    FB2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 21
So I finished the Stage 1. I bought a used set of Khrome Werks HP slip-ons in excellent condition from a forum member and put them on myself. I had the dealer put on the Ventilator AC and load the map from the SERT I purchased. They only charged me $85. for the labor.

The bike has noticeably more pull in the upper RPM's, plus it now can go to 6200 RPM. Down low it feels pretty much the same in power but it responds quicker.

The sounds of the pipes are very nice and low, I love the tone, however they may be too loud for my taste. They seem to pound my right ear after 30 min of riding. I might look for a different option with less decibels.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with it. I got the power where I wanted it, on top and like the AC look much better than stock.

Nice, can you change the baffles maybe to Big City Thunder to get the tone you want?

I dont know?? I like the tone, just not the volume. I was going to give them a call tomorrow. SOme folks say to try the SE Slipons too?

SE is another good choice, a bit quiet for most, maybe thats why the dealers are pushing RUSH, JMO:D

SE is another good choice, a bit quiet for most, maybe thats why the dealers are pushing RUSH, JMO:D

I wish I can hear the RUSH in person to compare. I would like to have something that is in between stock and the Khrome Werks. I like being heard by other cars but it's me that gets a head ache and pounding ears. It's funny because when the tech took off on my bike for the test ride, I said to myself they are not too loud. But when you are on the bike, it seems to get to me.

I wish I can hear the RUSH in person to compare. I would like to have something that is in between stock and the Khrome Werks. I like being heard by other cars but it's me that gets a head ache and pounding ears. It's funny because when the tech took off on my bike for the test ride, I said to myself they are not too loud. But when you are on the bike, it seems to get to me.

Rush are loud I had em

Back