free website stats program Slip-ons versus Full pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-ons versus Full pipes

The instructions say that when changing the slip-ons you should use a new set of exhaust clamps and not re-use the original. It also said to use high temp silicon on the joint. Did you guys do any of that?

The instructions say that when changing the slip-ons you should use a new set of exhaust clamps and not re-use the original. It also said to use high temp silicon on the joint. Did you guys do any of that?

New clamps are a personal choice, antisieze will make the mufflers slide on easy and removal will be easy too, while high temp silicone will seal them, they will be tough to get off:s

I was reading the instructions on line. They said that harley recomends not using the original muffler clamps once they are removed. You should purchase new clamps. They also said to use heat proof Silicon on the joints. Did any of you guys do that when installing you mufflers?

I was reading the instructions on line. They said that harley recomends not using the original muffler clamps once they are removed. You should purchase new clamps. They also said to use heat proof Silicon on the joints. Did any of you guys do that when installing you mufflers?

Dont believe every thing The MOCO says, the clamps can be reused tho most change them, back in the day all bikes came with silicone in the joints of the mufflers, again not really needed, your ride you decide:s

Well let's think about this for a minute - you don't suppose it's because they want to sell more clamps, do you? :lolrolling

Seriously, it's up to you. If they appear to be in good shape and can handle the torque values when you put them back on, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I put copper grease, aka anti-sieze, on the inside of the slip ons in case I ever need to take them off again.

I have a 2009 Fat Bob and had Krome Werks slip ons, very deep rumble sound and nice and loud but not obnoxious.

The air cleaner and mufflers would not be a big deal. The SERT though needs more research. It is programmable. Not sure if dyno is necessary.

Hey Bob, I have a set of rush slipons I took off my 07 lowrider with 1 3/4 baffles. the sound is good with out a lot of loud noise. I would like to sell them for $100.00 they are in perfect shape. No scratches or discoloration. If you are interested e-mail me at ***** Check and see but I think they will fit all dyna fx from 07 to 010

Moderator note - email removed to prevent spamming. Please use this forum's PM system instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Khrome Werks HP 3"slip-ons, AN Big Sucker air cleaner and the EJK setup and works great. Also I used the factory slip-ons clamps without a problem. The Khrome Werks sounds really good.

Vance and Hines slip ons. Nice low rumble without waking the neighbors at 6AM. They are also slim and look they are a full exhaust, not just slip ons.

Back