free website stats program Slip On Mufflers | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip On Mufflers

I have several short videos that I would like to include, but have been unable to load.

V&H Monster Oval Slip-ons arrived on a Monday a couple of weeks ago. Discovered them after getting home from work and figured I’d put them on, come the weekend. Saturday rolled around and after our
Toy Run, I set about the install. I did a short video clip to grab the audio for comparison between the stock and V&H. There’s not much detail because it’s all covered in other helpful hints scattered around the forum. I did add one little trick that I had not run across in the other installs. These slip-ons have dog-bone connectors for the hangers and they set on top of the slip-ons leaving a gap between the slip-on and the actual slip-on hanger. Attempting to hold the slip-on up to the hanger bar and get the mounting bolt started was fruitless. I ended up inserting a small piece of cardboard under the dog-bone raising it up to the hanger itself. Worked like a charm. Everything else was pretty simple.
Did a short ride around the neighborhood Sunday to check them out and was happy with the results. Monday morning on the ride to work, was a very smiley ride! Homeward bound after work was even better because I was convincing myself that the performance/response was noticeable and not just the mellow exhaust I was hearing! Revs better, easier, and seems higher and more comfortable than before.
All good things have their downside though and I had mine Tuesday morning going to work! It’s a 15 mile ride and I go in at 0’dark 30. Most of this is on a pretty good two lane with a couple of turns on each end. Well, getting close, I was turning left off the main road, and heard …. You guessed it! PIPES DRAGGING!!! AARRRRRHHHHHH!!! Oh well! They were new and unblemished for a couple of days anyway!!
You can actually see that they do stick out noticeably more! I mentioned in the video my concern about them hanging/drooping down on the outer sides. I took care of that, but sticking out that much further sure makes a difference! So, the twisties will be a different ride for me this year! Hey, even going to work! Oh well! I started to say, it’s a small price to pay, but, it’s not!
I can’t leave it on the down note! So, I’ll have to tell you about the startup each morning for the ride in. The first sound of mellow, brings the smile and it follows me all the way to work and then it follows me all the way home! It follows me riding until I twist it for that higher revving barking sound and I really like it! ‘Nough said! Ride Safe!

:breakdance:cheers

Time for Dobecks AFR? I'm getting a whiff of gas smell whenever i'm meeting oncoming traffic at speed! It's not noticeable in town stop&go traffic.

http://youtu.be/Kl-zkP6ooGI

http://youtu.be/hZhZkuUpC_s

http://youtu.be/mAwtJe6zYEo

http://youtu.be/aI25gw9ENDU

http://youtu.be/EdvJAYFg3Cc

http://youtu.be/pOLxBM-Pyvo

Last edited:
Looking at swapping out the stock mufflers on my new Ultra Limited. Stock are way too quiet. I want something loud, but don't feel like spending $600 - $700 for a set of slip ons. What do y'all recommend for a nice change with out breaking the bank??? Was looking at the B & E Max II, where they just modify the baffles in the stock mufflers, but after reading some reviews about them, not too sure this is the way I want to go. Didn't realize there were so many options available for just mufflers. Want louder, similar in appearance to stock, good performance, under $300. Is this possible???
Thanks.

Looking at swapping out the stock mufflers on my new Ultra Limited. Stock are way too quiet. I want something loud, but don't feel like spending $600 - $700 for a set of slip ons. What do y'all recommend for a nice change with out breaking the bank??? Was looking at the B & E Max II, where they just modify the baffles in the stock mufflers, but after reading some reviews about them, not too sure this is the way I want to go. Didn't realize there were so many options available for just mufflers. Want louder, similar in appearance to stock, good performance, under $300. Is this possible???
Thanks.

These are close, just under $400, a little louder than stock and what I run on my '09: 128 65117 Supertrapp 3 5 SE Series Mufflers Harley Touring 2010 Pres | eBay

or:Supertrapp 128-65117 SE Series Slip-On Exhaust : Amazon.com : Automotive

Under $300.. now that could be a tough find unless they're used.

Thanks.
Rush Mufflers - Motorcycle Mufflers - Slip On Mufflers - Motorcycle Exhaust Check with your H D dealer, many now push Rush over S E:D

Recently bought a new 2013 heritage and ordered the s.e. street performance slip ons with it. The sound wasn't much better than stock. A friend told me about big city thunder baffles. They have a direct replacement baffles for s.e. slip ons. They sound awesome!! If you are looking for better sound without doing intake and tuner, check out their website and you will be grinnin too! :)

I bought a set of reinheart 3-1/2" slip-on's for my 2012 sg they are way to quit I was told you can take the baffle out and wrap it and reinstall it and
you will get a louder sound has anybody tried this?Or can you tell me if this will cause any problems with my back pressure?

If they are too quiet for your taste you would need to UNwrap the baffle, but I don't think that Rineharts have any packing in them to begin with. However, it is not very hard to pull a baffle to check.

Back