free website stats program Slip On Mufflers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip On Mufflers

I had the SuperTrapp SE Slip-Ons on my 2008 Ultra and really liked the sound. I want to add them to my 2011 Ultra Limited as well. I would like to add a better air filter. What is recommended as far as the fuel injection goes. I had the power commander on my 08 that was installed by the dealer. I now live in Frankfurt Germany and would like to avoid going to the dealer as much as possible. What can I install myself download codes and stuff like that?
This may help. Click on the links: Harley Davidson Community
Flhtk stage one - Harley Davidson Community

I'm sure this will sound stupid to all the wrench hands out there, but here goes. Will be taking delivery of my new (leftover) 2010, Ultra in April. Got the dealer to throw in a new set of Vance and Hines slip ons and what I think is a Screaming Eagle high flow intake. Must have had them right at the end of their comfort zone, because they would not do the labor to install them.

I have a VERY well stocked garage and have worked on cars and done the routine maintenance on my bikes for years. My question is, how hard is it gonna be to switch out the pipes and get the intake changed? I know I'll have to have the Stage 1 downloaded after, the dealer is willing to do that. Not so worried about the pipes, but never been beyond changing the filter on the intake.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance. Positively LOVE this site! :newsmile047: You Moderators ROCK!

I'm sure this will sound stupid to all the wrench hands out there, but here goes. Will be taking delivery of my new (leftover) 2010, Ultra in April. Got the dealer to throw in a new set of Vance and Hines slip ons and what I think is a Screaming Eagle high flow intake. Must have had them right at the end of their comfort zone, because they would not do the labor to install them.

I have a VERY well stocked garage and have worked on cars and done the routine maintenance on my bikes for years. My question is, how hard is it gonna be to switch out the pipes and get the intake changed? I know I'll have to have the Stage 1 downloaded after, the dealer is willing to do that. Not so worried about the pipes, but never been beyond changing the filter on the intake.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance. Positively LOVE this site! :newsmile047: You Moderators ROCK!

Not hard at all, especially since I did it!

First, it's a great idea to get the HD Service Manual for your specific bike.It will have instructions covering what you intend to do. In fact, the SE air filter should come with a detailed set of installation instructions as well.

The Stage I download is not actually required if you want to install some other type of fueler on your bike. You get a nice forum discount on the TFI unit from Dobeck and it's easy to install and they have outstanding customer support. The dealer download just returns your bike to the same factory settings it had while sitting on the showroom floor - too lean in most folks opinions. The TFI will let you richen things up a bit and cool your engine down for comfort and longevity.

Hello Lawdog and thank you for your service. As far as the install of the SE a/c and the V&H Slipons they are pretty straightforward. Both give detailed instructions for installation. The V&H slipons I installed consisted of four bolts and two clamps. The hardest part was getting the stock mufflers off but you shouldn't have that problem because your bike is newer. The A/C is also straightforward. At first I allowed the ECM to take care of the upgrade but with all the advice here and at Dobeck I upgraded to the TFI Gen3 unit and what a difference it made. Good luck a lot of great people here to help you along.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04339.pdf

Doc and Ruby, Thanks for your input! Glad to hear that I should be able to handle it without too much difficulty. Dealer wanted close to two bills for labor. Figured I should be able to handle it.

Dealer agreed to store the bike till Spring and figured it was safer at their warehouse than my garage, I would probably back the tractor over it after clearing snow, why not leave it there?

Do plan on putting a TFI on it, but it may not be this year. Pretty well tapped out if you know what I mean... 50 degrees here in Maine today. May have to move the delivery up. Thanks again for the response guys!:s

Lawdog,
May I suggest you rethink your thinking?
Get your bike home and disconnect the battery for the tractor.
Get owners manual out and read it cover to cover while walking around bike.
I understand what you mean by being tapped out. So, while the bike is confined to garage/shed install intake kit and slip ons. You can take your time this way without missing out on good riding weather. Both the intake and exhaust mods are easy to do, easier if you can take your time.

As far as the TFI goes you could install that afterwards, months later. Plan on the better part of a day for the TFI. If you can pull that off 'til mid summer you could enjoy the benifits for the rest of the riding season! It will be a different bike... You won't want to park it again.
WAP.gif

I do not like having my bike anywhere but w/ me. Weather breaks I'm ridding work or pleasure. Believe me you can do the work yourself.

Re: Slip On rush Mufflers

sorry to but in, but i have a question. i put a set of rush slip on mufflers on my 09 super glide and just a stock air box and stock filter, but some one drilled holes in the box. it seems to me that i might be running lean. the dealer told me i wouldent need a tune but i am not shur of this. what is your opinion. i dont want to hurt my bike by not doing something that needs done

sorry to but in, but i have a question. i put a set of rush slip on mufflers on my 09 super glide and just a stock air box and stock filter, but some one drilled holes in the box. it seems to me that i might be running lean. the dealer told me i wouldent need a tune but i am not shur of this. what is your opinion. i dont want to hurt my bike by not doing something that needs done

Rule of thumb; More air in, and more exhaust out, You have to add more fuel. Most likely you are running lean.

Rule of thumb; More air in, and more exhaust out, You have to add more fuel. Most likely you are running lean.

i am thinking about cheaking out the zippers thundermax, anybody have any exp wit this. it sounds good but its verry &&&

Back